PDA

View Full Version : Big Chip report 5-26-12

JerkyJosh
05-26-2012, 12:42 PM
Hello all,

Fished from 6-10:30 this morning working deep wood. I ended up catching 3 walleyes. 19, 18, and 12. Released the 12. Also caught one perch that i released, 9 incher. I did a better job this weekend with the net so both keepers got in the boat this time:) I was fishing in about 23 feet of water and used leeches. Water temp was 63. All of the walleyes were caught with the shotgun rod using the WalleyeMaxx system. The perch was caught jigging. Missed a couple other fish, but i think those were perch maybe a walleye or two. It is raining pretty good right now and the forecast does not look too great for the rest of the weekend, but if i get out i will post my results. Good luck fishing everyone.

walleyemaxx
05-26-2012, 09:26 PM
Thanks for the report Josh.

I went out after the rain stopped around 3P.M. and fished till I was chased off by the storm at 7:30P.M. But I caught some decent fish today. I caught a total of 4 walleyes the biggest being 21" and 5 perch the biggest being and I measured it, 12". everything was released. The smallest perch was 10". So all the perch were decent.

I caught 1 walleye on the slip bobber with a minnow and the rest of the fish including the perch were on jigs and minnows. The water temps were still 63 degrees tonight with the air temps around 58 degrees. I had a stiff east wind making an excellent walleye chop. Perfect for giving action to my slip bobber and my 'shot gun' rod. I'm hoping for better weather as far as the rain is concerned for tommorow. Good luck fishing everyone.

Walleyemaxx16604