PDA

View Full Version : Fox Chain 5-22-12

pgutmann
05-24-2012, 02:39 PM
Got out for an afternoon/evening muskie hunt with my good friend from Chicago Mike K. Fished Catherine, Channel, Marie and Bluff. All told, we ended up with a 30" (Crane Bait) and a 35" (Bucktail) muskie, a very nice northern and lost a northern (Bucktail), a 3.5 lb LM Bass (Topwater) and had 12 other muskie follows. Not too bad for about 6 hours of fishing. Water clarity still good but "greened up" a little and weed growth AAA. Water temps ranged from upper 60's to low 70's. With the holiday weekend coming up and the weather forcast, the Fox Chain will have a large number of recreational boaters so fishing time will be very limited.

WiiL Fish
05-24-2012, 03:55 PM
Spot on report Phil.. Been moving lots of fish, boating a few and running into a few more bigger norts than in years past, esp. since the corp started dropping water levels fall thru spring.. Also I've found that holiday weekends with all the recreational boats are the best days to be trolling the weedlines on Channel & Catherine, especially the bait I run just behind the prop wash I think the ski's have acclimated to the traffic & they seem to have turned it into a good feeding opportunity.. As much as i hate dealing with all the crazies the rewards almost always make it worth it..