PDA

View Full Version : Is this a normal year for wind ?

xtroll
05-21-2012, 07:35 AM
Is this a normal year for wind ?
Wow, thinking I should sell my boat and buy a windmill.
Does it always blow this hard? When (month) does it calm down?

I think the only reason my husband likes to go fishing so much is that it's the only time he hears someone tell him, "Wow, that's a big one!"

No one in this town could catch any fish except this one man.
The game warden asked him how he did it so the man told the game warden that he would take him fishing the next day... Once they got to the middle of the lake the man took out a stick of dynamite, lit it, and threw it in the water. After the explosion fish started floating to the top of the water. The man took out a net and started picking up the fish. The game warden told him that this was illegal. The man took out another stick of dynamite and lit it. He then handed it to the game warden and said " are you going to fish or talk?"

nitecrawler128
05-21-2012, 02:05 PM
This is only my 3rd year fishing out here, but I think this is very typical for this time of year. The last couple years, the wind died down in mid-June... by the way, so did the fishing! Don't sell your boat yet... you'll learn to accept the wind as all part of the game. I'm stealing a quote that Chris posted on this site once..."Welcome to LBDN, where the wind doesn't blow; it sucks!" If you don't like the wind, I think August will be your funnest month of the year to fish. The wind dies down some and the bite picks up.