PDA

View Full Version : Musky Jaw I found on The Chip last July (2011)

BBProPhoto
05-15-2012, 10:34 PM
Here's 3 photos of a Musky jaw and skin I found last July on the Chip. I was walking along a beach into an area most wouldn't walk and found this in the sand on the shoreline. I still can't believe the size of this jaw. I still have it, but not really sure what to do with it. From measuring the skin that was left, I estimate that this was at least 60" long!

phatty
05-16-2012, 08:43 AM
if you want to sell it i would be interested in buying it. I have a place on the flowage, and the jaw would look really nice on the wall. Very nice find. Almost doesn't look real with the teeth size.

Ty Sennett
05-16-2012, 08:59 AM
I'm guessing it's a 48 to 50 inch tiger. They have larger jaw structure than a normal muskie. It's rare that tigers get larger than 50 on any body of water so that's why I say 48 to 50". I'm guessing that most of the large jaws they find out here are big tigers. Ask Corey Meyer how big those tiger jaws are. He caught a tiger over 50"s out here and the head on it looks like a 60 incher. Pretty cool.

That being said, you might have something special. I'm not trying to take away from a cool set of jaws. You should look at the set of jaws at Treelands and maybe get a mount of them like that one.

BBProPhoto
05-17-2012, 05:11 PM
We measured the skin that was left on it. The skin was obviously just hanging, but the skin that was left measured at 60" including the head. That could have been stretched or whatever, but I guess this must have been at least a 50" tiger. I think it was a bit larger than that, possibly much larger.

Ty Sennett
05-20-2012, 07:49 PM
Actually, you might want to take that in to the DNR. I read you post fast. The fact that you still have the skin and it measures 60 inches makes that a pretty special fish. If anything the skin would have shrank not stretched. I read too fast and didn't realize you still have the skin attached. I didn't maximize the picture to see it until now. I would get that thing checked out by a professional at either a DNR station or the fisheries department at Stevens Point here in Wisconsin. If you could get the college to look at it that would be the best case.