PDA

View Full Version : Big Chip fishing report for mothers day

walleyemaxx
05-14-2012, 08:16 AM
Hi everyone,

Hope all you moms had a wonderfull day yesterday. You deserve it!

Yesterday under a sunny sky and cool temps in the A.M. With a moderate west wind making a good walleye chop, I used my walleyemaxx system of fishing to perfection. using leeches under the slip bobber and jig and jigging with a leech, I used a minnow on my 'shot gun' rod. I had read a tip about leeches being hot right now, and that was good info. I was catching not just walleyes, but northern and perch on the leeches. Nothing touched the minnow which explains why I did so poor on Sat. I was stubbornly using just minnows on Sat. I broke my #1 rule about experimenting and leting the fish tell you what they prefer.

I caught all the fish in the deep wood. I tried mid depth sunken wood to no avail. everything was deep. I tried one weed area just to see, but nobody home. the water temps were at 60 degrees on Sunday. On Sat. the water temps were 64 degrees, so it cooled down quit a bit in one day. I had two walleyes in the live well and just released every thing after that. I kept a 21" and a 18" for supper. After all, I am a fish eater. I caught a total of 5 walleyes throwing back 3. I was trying to make sure about the pattern on the walleyes for my guide trips coming up this week. I left for home in mid afternoon to spend time with momma. After all it was her day and I didn't take her fishing-OPPS.

When guideing, I use and teach "The Walleyemaxx System". To book your say on the Big Chip and to learn a proven system to put walleyes in the boat, call 715-617-0894 or send me an email. To purchase my book "The Walleyemaxx System" visit my book page where you'll find info on two ways to order.Thanks. Good luck fishing everyone.

Walleyemaxx

smiley
05-14-2012, 11:55 AM
I finally have some time on the computer to post how my weekend went. Fish to seem to be in real specific locations right now in mostly deep water with wood. 19-21' was the key depth. The bite seemed to switch almost daily between minnows and leeches so be prepared with both and switch to whatever one seems to work. I found the fish yesterday to be biting on all minnows. Weird that it was opposite of what Walleyemaxx saw. I limited out by 8:00 AM and was able to enjoy the beautiful morning. Saturday, I had trouble getting anything to bite a minnow or leech. I was in the same location as Sunday morning. Must have been the clear and bright skies. All in all, I feel I'm learning new stuff every time out on this body of water. Will be heading to the TFF in Mercer for this coming weekend where I'm sure I'll be doing more exploring for new locations and techniques. I'll get try to get your book in June when I'm up next in Hayward. Good luck all!

Smiley

walleyemaxx
05-15-2012, 11:34 AM
Hi Smiley,

Thanks for the report. It was a hard day for me on Sat. too. It was strange how the walleyes showed a distinct preference for leeches on Sunday. Side by side with minnows and the leeches were what the walleyes wanted. Just shows a guy has to experiment daily and let the walleyes tell you what they prefer. Good luck at TFF. Let us know how you do.

Walleyemaxx