PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Minnesota Gobbler!

Tom Dietz
05-08-2012, 09:01 PM
I went out early this morning here in North Central MN, greeted by a steady cool drizzle on the drive out to my spot. At 5:15am, the Turkey Gods turned off the rain showers, and I heard my bird gobble off the roost several hundred yards off. I closed the distance and trying to call to him, but I only got one response before I could tell he was moving away (with hen). I made the call to run to the truck and drive around the back side of the property and do an end around manuever on this gobbler. I snuck in about three hundred yards down the logging road and called, which prompted an immediate reply. He cut off my second yelp sequence and I knew I was in business. After a few more calls to him, I suddenly saw the hen coming right at me through the woods and she waltzed right in, ten yards away from me. Behind her was this guy, and I shot him at thirty yards because the hen seemed a bit nervous and was ready to leave. Twenty-two pounds with ten inch beard.

I used the Primos Deadly Double diaphram call for the entire hunt. Remington 870 Express Camo Turkey 12 ga. with Nikon Turkey Scope. Great mouth call, and easy to use!