PDA

View Full Version : Chippewa Flowage fishing report 5-7-2012

walleyemaxx
05-08-2012, 10:18 AM
Hi everyone,

Guided a half day in the afternoon. Took Dan and his dad Walter out for some walleye fishing under a partly cloudy sky with a brisk west wind that made a good walleye chop. Air temps were a pleasant 65-69 degrees and the water temps warmed up to 57 degrees. The fishing was steady as we boated walleyes and crappies. we also lost a few fish and had many bites which would not take. Everything together made for an enjoyable day.

We caught all our fish in the deep wood on jigs and minnows. We had leeches out , but after nothing touched them and the minnows were getting all the action, we switched everyhing over to minnows. Tried a weed area but after finding nobody home, we continued on the deeper wood pattern. Supposed to have a cool down this week with frost warnings out for wednesday. Hope that doesn't turn the fish off. Good luck fishing everyone.

Just a reminder that when I guide, I use "The Walleyemaxx System" to find and catch walleyes and actually all species of fish. I explain the different patterns and how I determine which pattern will work for that day. To order your copy go to http://www.walleyemaxx.com/pages/the-walleyemaxx-system-book.php. Thanks.

Walleyemaxx