PDA

View Full Version : T.F.F. Opener

Don Pemble
05-05-2012, 08:14 PM
Opening day on the T.F.F. was once again a very busy day with boat traffic all over the place, but it was also a very good day of walleye fishing. I was out with four good friends, 2 in my boat and 2 in a tag-a-long boat and we had very good success. Our first stop was in a wind blown bay with some wood and had no luck. We then moved to 8 to 10 foot depths over scattered submerged stumps and found some very nice eyes. Working this area for some time and also working simular areas like it produced our limit of 15 eyes by 2 PM. Reeve's weedless jigs tipped with either 1/2 crawler or fathead minnows did the trick. We also boated a few nice smallies on these rigs and they were a welcome tug on the line.

Water temps were at 57 degrees and should be rising daily.

Back out tomorrow, will keep you posted.

muskeye
05-05-2012, 10:06 PM
Sounds like a good opener!

ChrisS
05-07-2012, 08:10 AM
Don I found similar results but not as deep. 6-8ft. Biggest was 22.5.

Great weekend to be on the flowage.

St Croix Kid
05-07-2012, 02:14 PM
the fry was top notch!

byronbears84
05-07-2012, 06:11 PM
Don, I read your article about the top 5 places to find walleyes during the summer. I randomly found it a couple different times while researching TFF fishing. Im going up there early next month and i would like to print off that article! if you know which one i am talking about, thatd be great if you could send me the link. Also, what are your prices for a half day guided trip? Thanks much.

Flambeau Vista Retreat LLC
05-07-2012, 08:55 PM
Travis,

Don Pemble's phone number is 715-776-0098. I would be best to just call him.