PDA

View Full Version : Finally I Got Some Perch

Swamp Rat
04-25-2012, 08:37 PM
With all the fishing I`ve done in my lifetime this past weekend was the best perch fishing I have ever had. Went out sat. and fished in the narrows in 42 fow and ended up with 35 nice perch. Fished from 7-12:30. Went back out sun. and fished the same area and ended up with 89 nice perch. I had non-stop action from 7-1 o`clock with I bet u 15-20 doubles. I was using perch rigs with wigglers. I found out laying the bait on the bottom was the best presentation. Don`t know if everyone else out there that day had as much action as I did. Most of them were fishing behind me, so I couldn`t c how they were doing. Thanks Chris for pointing me in the right direction. Hopefully they r still there this weekend.

The Bait Shop Guy
04-26-2012, 05:18 AM
Thanks Chris for pointing me in the right direction.

Glad to help. That's what we're here, for.

Bite was good Wednesday afternoon, too. Had to sort through a ton of small fish, though. Between my dad and I, we caught almost 200 perch in about 3 hours of fishing! Only ended up with 30 keepers, but had a heck of a good time! It was all you could do to keep up with only one rod. I took one picture of the graph when the school was 6 feet thick. At times, the school of perch we were anchored over was 16 feet thick! If you can't catch perch when they are like that, it's time to take up golf!