PDA

View Full Version : Cabin fever / Fishing Pox

LundAngler
04-25-2012, 09:54 AM
Is it just me, or is the cabin fever much worse this year than others. Maybe it's the early spring, but I am extremely anxious to get up to TFF and wet a line. With the strange weather this year, any thoughts on how the spawn went (or did not go)? Everyone I spoke with said they did not see the big numbers at the falls this year, so I assumed that the fluctuating water temps had the fish in limbo.

I am not looking to stir up controversy, but with the goofy weather, did LDF spear TFF this year? I know the standing agreement was for the tribe to take less than quota to get the possession limit back up to 3, and I confirmed with the DNR that the possession is back to 3 this year, but I was just was curious if they speared it at all or let it rest this year.

Trav
04-25-2012, 10:14 AM
I'm not sure how it went up north, but FWIW I was out around Madison just last week and the walleyes on Mendota were still up shallow. Saw at least one big momma with 10 daddies in tow. So it may not have happened up north yet??

Tom502
04-25-2012, 03:51 PM
Jeff,

I live full-time on the TFF. I have not seen any spearing activity in the last 2 weeks. From what I hear the LdF tribe completed spearing on the TFF the weekend of April 7 & 8. They took approx. 2100 walleyes and 1-2 muskies. (This info come from DNR Warden for Iron County John Windt who was present at the landing when the fish were counted and measured.)

Tight Lines,

Tom502

LundAngler
04-25-2012, 04:08 PM
Thanks for the info Tom! 10 Days and counting!

-Jeff