PDA

View Full Version : Chippewa Flowage Crappie Action

pjadeitz
04-16-2012, 06:39 PM
Anyone have any success after crappies somewhat shallow on the east side of the Flowage yet? Sunday's temps seemed ideal, but now with the cold weather front, may set them back a bit... Probably have to go 5-8 feet of depth for them for a while yet... Thoughts anyone?

DanM
04-17-2012, 10:21 AM
I was on the east side (Hay Creek Area) last Sunday. Warmest water I could find was 49. I couldn't buy a crappie.

walleyemaxx
04-17-2012, 11:58 AM
Hey Guys,

The temps were in the mid 20's with hurricane winds and snow yersterday. My quess is the crappies are hibernating for a few days. With the weather forecast calling for a slow warmup, I'm going to wait for the weekend to see if things improved.

Walleyemaxx

walleyemaxx
04-20-2012, 02:32 PM
Hi everyone,

Latest I heard is the water temps have made back to 50-52 degrees. I'll be trying for crappies Sunday. If I can't find them, I'll hit some of my better perch spots.I heard they are done spawning. Good luck fishing everyone.

Walleyemaxx

pjadeitz
04-22-2012, 08:53 PM
Hey Walleyemaxx,
Any luck with crappies up shallow yet on your Sunday outing? Going to some spots via the Hay Creek landing Monday. I'll try from 8' working into the shallows... Maybe some floating bogs... Will post results

The warm up is coming, along with a great bite time...

Take care and good luck to all
Pjadeitz