PDA

View Full Version : Chip Water Temps

Ty Sennett
04-02-2012, 09:33 AM
I went for a quick boatride with Rachel yesterday and saw some pretty high water temps. The main lake was at 48 degrees and some of the big back bays were as high as 51 degrees. Pretty crazy. Most years we don't see those temps until early May. That's going to make for some really thick weeds for the opener. I love it!

3MUSKY
04-02-2012, 10:57 AM
You'll be fishing top water lures by the time the musky season opens May 26!

MCR_at_BigMusky
04-02-2012, 11:21 AM
Thanks for the update. Did the big bog move out of first pass yet?

Mike

Ty Sennett
04-02-2012, 11:51 AM
Mike, I didn't go by there. I sure hope it did. The wind has been right the last few days so I'll check it out and get back to you.

Chuck Schranz
04-03-2012, 12:18 PM
Ty...Saw a facebook post from Big Musky and they said the bog had moved out and was over by The Landings.
Now launching at the CC South landing will give all boats quicker access to the east side.

Ty Sennett
04-03-2012, 12:56 PM
Yep, the boat launch at CC South is wide open. The bog moved back to it's old location just west of the Landing's private boat launch. It kind of looks like it broke in half and a portion is still stuck on shore by CC South but it's not in the way of anything. I'm guessing the bogs are going to be all over the place this spring with the high water level.