PDA

View Full Version : New Rig

cband
04-02-2012, 07:58 AM
Syd and I finally got the new rig out and running. Crestliner 1860 center console with a 115/80 Mercury Optimax. Gonna miss the old jet, lots of good times in it.

HD Fatboy
04-02-2012, 11:03 AM
Very Nice!

Ivan
04-02-2012, 12:49 PM
Looks nice...congrats on the new rig. Now comes the fun part of getting it all rigged out with electronics, rod holders, etc.

Can your little one actually cast that muskie outfit? I've had my 3yr (just turned 3 at the end of December) old girl fishing for bass and panfish in ponds, but not fishing from the boat yet and I know she's not ready for muskie fishing. We were in AZ a couple weeks ago and she caught a bass in a golf course pond all by herself. She made the cast, worked the lure, set the hook, and reeled it in all by herself. I was pretty proud...that was the first bass she caught all by herself. She even lipped it for a picture. Someday, I hope she wants to be her dad's steady muskie fishing partner.
Adam A.

cband
04-02-2012, 01:14 PM
Yeah, she does pretty good with it too, you just have to watch were you are when she casts. She is almost 4 and a half and really didn't get the hang of the bait caster until this past fall. Last year, we did more light tackle stuff and some trolling. She complained all day because we had no worms-she likes action and we always get something on worms. As for electronics, I have a new lowrance with the DSI on the way and I already have rails and the down east holders. I was amazed at how the optimax idled down and had no smoke to it and it used about the same amount of gas as our old 60/40 jet.

Ivan
04-02-2012, 01:29 PM
That's awesome. I don't remember when I learned to use a bait caster, but it know wasn't 4. Sounds like you're set with the new boat. Just need an electric motor. Enjoy the new rig.

cband
04-02-2012, 01:41 PM
W have a Motorguide wireless that we are transferring from the old boat. All set, just need to get everything mounted.

toothyfishman
04-02-2012, 06:27 PM
I remember my dad standing on the front porch waving to the guy that bought our old Bass Tracker III as he drove off.
He got all chocked up and said "We've caught alot of fish in that boat son". He was a little teary eyed.
We already had an 20 foot Ranger with a 150hp waiting at the boat dealer and the garage to be empty.
Which I reminder him of, and he said it didn't matter we would never catch the amount of fish together as we did in the old boat.
Hard to let go of them after spending so much time and making so many memories in them.

Good luck with the new rig, I was wondering if you'd go for a bigger jet or a lake boat?
Get out there and get-her-slimed!!!!!!!

Red Childress
04-03-2012, 06:03 AM
Beautiful rig and you gotta love those OptiMax's gas mileage!

I have seen some real nice big water rigs down here in Orlando but no jet sightings yet.

HD Fatboy
04-03-2012, 06:09 AM
That's really great someone that young using the bait caster, I know a lot of adults who give up on them because they have trouble. One of them is my 29 year old son!

allegheny river kid
04-03-2012, 06:51 PM
Great looking rig Chris!

Joe M
04-03-2012, 10:01 PM
Nice boat. I hope you get plenty of slime on it. Except the last weekend in September!!!!!! just kidding see ya at the scales....