PDA

View Full Version : Hall of Fame donation

walleyemaxx
03-27-2012, 12:15 PM
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to inform everyone that I recently made a donation to The national Freshwater Fishing Hall of Fame located in Hayward WI. It is a very worthwhile organization dedicated to the fresh water fishermen and women. They store thousands of fishing related artifacts from yesteryear to today and continually compile more. The Hall also is the official record keeper of Fresh water fish and the line class records.
The center piece is a 4 story musky that you can walk in to the top and get a breath taking view of Hayward. The Hall also sponsors many events troughout the year especially for children. I have been a regular dues paying member of the Hall for 34 years now and encourage all people interested in preserving our fishing heritage to join. To learn how to join this wonderfull organization, click on the Hall of fame Donation page on the menu bar, then click on the link to thier website. Thanks everyone.

Walleyemaxx

Nick Kanauz
03-28-2012, 08:25 AM
Tom...You are so right. I am a Charter Member, and owner of one of the 300 numbered sets of Jim Beam Bottles, #B-57! I also own the hard to find first bottle...Leaping Musky...which Bob Kutz, Hall Founder, somehow managed to convince Beam to make! What a salesman. He and his wife Fannie were great people to know. I came by the Leaping Musky bottle through my Aunt, whose bar burned down in Milwaukee. While helping try to save as much as possible after the fire, we worked hard to get into a closet in the back of the bar. Once we got in there, nothing was wet, heat damaged, or anything. The first case we opened, was filled with the Leaping Musky bottles in their original plastic bags with the Hall pitch on them. She gave me the whole case! I donated the case to the Hall, keeping one for myself, only to find out from Bob, that these were the hardest ones to find, this now in the 80's, and the bottle was produced like in '68 I think. With a twinkle in his eye, Bob just happened to wait until I had given over the bottles to hand over that information...classic Bob! I consider myself lucky to own a mount by Gordon Morris of Duluth, who has quite a few mounts in the Hall. Mine is a bass out of Lost Land Lake, and weighed officially in a 7#13oz, 23" at the resort! CPR was in its infancy in '75, or I'd have taken a ton of pictures, let her go, and had a carbon mount done. Anyway, if you are in Hayward, and looking for a nostalgia trip, visit the Hall and take your time. It is a fantastic gift to the fishing world! Thanks for the reminder Tom!

walleyemaxx
03-29-2012, 10:01 AM
Hi Nick,

Thanks for the story. I met Bob just a few times way back when he first started his dream The Hall of Fame. When I joined as a charter member, the big fish was still just a dream. It is a thing of beauty to see what the hall has become. Everyone should become a charter member, after all it is there for us. Good luck fishing everyone.

Walleyemaxx