PDA

View Full Version : Kipping Boat Landing

duckiller2
03-22-2012, 08:58 AM
If this is a State Of Michigan landing do we have to have the $10 S of M park thing to use the launch. I know to use the Days River trails now you need it. Even the Rapid launch is State Of Mi I think

The Bait Shop Guy
03-22-2012, 10:13 AM
Found this on the DNR site - http://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,4570,7-153-10365_55798_58027-247965--,00.html

None of the DNR public access sites on Little and Big Bay de Noc are listed. Apparently you DO need one for Cedar River. News to me.

Fastcat
03-22-2012, 10:38 AM
Yeah Chris this is new last month. Here is the order
http://www.michigan.gov/documents/dnr/03LUOD2012_RecPass_SFC_Trails_APVD_379299_7.pdf

CrankYanker
03-22-2012, 04:37 PM
So we now have to pay... to park our cars... to go for a walk... on our land.... good lord..

Capt. Keith Wils
03-23-2012, 05:35 AM
Fastcat is correct, who ever plans on using the Cedar River launch you had better read the order from the DNR. From what I get out of reading it there will be a lot of restrictions.
http://www.michigan.gov/documents/dnr/03LUOD2012_RecPass_SFC_Trails_APVD_379299_7.pdf

Fastcat
03-23-2012, 10:21 AM
Keith,
From what I read, the order is just requiring passport for the listed properties, the beginning they have definitions (of land use?) and do not reference them again. As with all things government related it is hard to decipher what the intent is, but that is what I got out of the order.

duckiller2
03-23-2012, 10:48 AM
found the map via Chris's link above and if you click on the green star it will tell you who that landing falls under. Rapid Kippling Farmers are overseen by Indian Lake State Park and there for require the R.P. as well Ford River is under Wells S.P. so that does also. Couldn't believe it so I called the Dept. in Lansing and got that straight from the Horse's Mouth. At leastwe know before we get a ticket.

Capt. Keith Wils
03-23-2012, 01:32 PM
The part that worries me is if they treat the launches like a state park will be the 10 p.m. closing time.
Keith

RudyG
03-23-2012, 05:30 PM
Where I lived before, the local state park had a boat launch on Superior and I had to have a State Park sticker to use it. Just a few years ago I asked if a State Park vehicle sticker was required at the cedar river boat launch. I was told, at that time, that because it isnt on the state park itself that it wasnt required. Thought it was odd, since they did have State Park slips. So now they want you to have one. I understand Cedar river.. but the others?? Wish I had known this two months ago when I bought my new vehicle plates.

I suppose... I may as well give 'em more money.. between my income tax, property tax, sales tax, gas tax, vehicle registration, boat registration, "Permanent" trailer fees, not to mention the fishing license, and trout and salmon stamp, I am going to need a second job to be able to afford to fish. Well, someone has to pay for the increase in State pension plans. Guess who.

JJ Mac
03-24-2012, 08:20 AM
The order simply ammends Land Use Order 1.2. and expands or changes some definitions therein. The only thing specific to the Cedar River Launch (BAS) is that you are now required to have a valid Michigan recreation passport to park and or launch there. Most of you have already purchased this when you renewed your vehicle registration. Your registration sticker on your plate should have a "P" on it. For those who are from out of state, they will now be required to purchase an out of state recreation passport as well. Non-residents still must buy a non-resident passport, which costs $29 for an annual permit or $8 for a daily pass.

Other than that, there are no changes or additional restrictions to the Cedar River launch or any of the many others on the ammended order. You can launch a boat and park at the Cedar River launch anytime, day or night.

In many places in Michigan where there was a fee to use the site, the $10 recreation passport is all that will be required now. For many of us, the recreation passport is a great deal and will pay for itself quickly. The other good news is that the recreation passport system will help to raise more money for Michigan Parks and Recreation. It's cheaper to get your recreation passport when you renew your registration than it is to buy it after the fact, so it just makes sense to do it then.

It's a hundred bucks first pop if you get ticketed for not having a recreation passport.

Here is the entire Land Use Order 1.2 with ammendments for those who are interested:

http://www.michigan.gov/documents/dnr/LUSE_ORD_176311_7.html

It has some interesting reading...for example...you can only take 15.55 grams of gold, per year, per person, from state-owned mineral and surface lands and streams and rivers.