PDA

View Full Version : North Shore launch is open.

The Bait Shop Guy
03-21-2012, 05:07 PM
Swung by the launch after work tonight. Gate was open, but the docks were not in yet. It appears the majority of the ice south of Gladstone is gone!

The Bait Shop Guy
03-23-2012, 06:12 PM
Checked a few of the launches again this evening.

Kipling - still lots of ice on the upper bay. Open water near shore, dock not in.

Gladstone harbor - Still a small amount of ice. Probably will be melted within a few days.

North Shore - access is open, but docks still are not in.

Esky harbor - still iced in.

Ford River - Access is open. Dock is in. River is high, but not too bad.

The Bait Shop Guy
03-25-2012, 03:56 PM
Ran to Kipling this afternoon. Upper bay appeared to be completely ice free, as far as I could see. Docks not in, yet. There are several shacks between the docks and the ramp. If you own one, you may want to pick it up ASAP. With the early ice out, I wouldn't be surprised to see them ticketed by the DNR.

Gladstone harbor still had a small amount of ice. Still no docks in, but you could have launched today, if you wanted to.

Esky harbor is about 90% ice free. There is still some ice right in front of the ramp. Should be clear withing a couple days at the rate things are going.

As long as the weather permits, we should be able to start chasing perch on the upper bay this week. If it's anything like the reports from Garden or Indian Lake, we'll be off to a banner start.

JAW BREAKER
03-27-2012, 01:22 PM
Ran past Gladstone harbor at lunch. Good news - The docks are in the water. Bad news- Don't bother fishing today since there's white caps big enough to sink boats.

The Bait Shop Guy
03-29-2012, 05:50 AM
Thanks for the update. Seems Gladstone is a little more on the ball than Esky. Docks still are not in at the river or harbor. I plan on calling the Rec department today, to see when they plan on putting them in.

Any word from Kipling?

duckiller2
03-29-2012, 08:42 AM
Docks are in at Kipling

Furball
03-29-2012, 10:46 AM
I talked to the Escanaba Harbor Master today. The docks will be going in very soon. The fish cleaning station at the North Shore will not be put into service yet as there are still concerns about the water freezing.

The Bait Shop Guy
03-29-2012, 06:45 PM
Guy I talked to at the Rec Dept said they were scheduled to go in on Friday.