PDA

View Full Version : Guess that spot

The Tiny Fisherman
03-06-2012, 04:53 PM
Well its that time of year, where everybody is starting to get cabin fever. The good news its the days are getting longer and warmer.

We'll start off with an easy one,

Mark Benson
03-06-2012, 07:38 PM
Tiny:

The water's down... That's all I got!!! Looking forward to number 2.

Mark

Hot Runr Guy
03-06-2012, 08:01 PM
I'll take a shot. A view looking here:
HRG 15868

The Tiny Fisherman
03-07-2012, 08:20 AM
HRG, That's way too funny, I was going to put a picture of that spot. So do save your guess for another time, because it will come up.

Mark, you'll have to wait until someone gets this very easy one,

DonH
03-07-2012, 10:37 AM
Hi Tiny,

Love this stuff as it means the end is near...of winter that is.

I think that is the north entrance to Rat lake looking directly south from just outside the last island on the east.

Hot Runr Guy
03-07-2012, 11:56 AM
Hi Tiny,

Love this stuff as it means the end is near...of winter that is.

I think that is the north entrance to Rat lake looking directly south from just outside the last island on the east.

DonH, I think it's looking North, with the leaning tree on the right side, and the rocky shore on the left.
HRG

Musky Mauler
03-07-2012, 12:42 PM
I was hoping you wouldn't show that one! That's EXACTLY where I lost that 50" musky last summer. If you disclose the actual location, it's going to get crowded there on opening day. On the other hand, I might be trying to lure folks away from where I REALLY lost that musky. But, a tried-and-true musky fisherman wouldn't do THAT, would they? Whatever you do - - do NOT use a black bucktail! He (she?) bit three of 'em right off the end of my line. You, too, might lose some black bucktails if you fish with them. Hey, maybe I should try a different knot, huh? Gotta stop, now. I'm having a tough time swallowing my Kugel while my tongue is in my cheek. MM

The Tiny Fisherman
03-08-2012, 09:34 AM
The first spot is the camp site in Rat Lake.

Here is a cool one, the end of the day Muskie fishing with a good friend.

Your right Don, it makes the days fly by,

Randy
03-08-2012, 10:39 AM
The dam is just to the left of the picture??

timk
03-08-2012, 12:43 PM
Hello , is this in the bay looking towards Lake Bastine , the power lines are in back of you and far left ?

The Tiny Fisherman
03-09-2012, 07:11 AM
Tim, that was way too easy, but good job.

Let's mix it up and take another look at the Flowage,

The Tiny Fisherman
03-09-2012, 07:13 AM
Ooops, Randy Hill gets the credit for the one by the Dam.

You and Pa are tied.

BlueRanger
03-09-2012, 11:19 AM
Well, that one is way too easy for me to spoil it completely, but I'll throw in bonus points and lifelong appreciation if anybody knows how it acquired such an intriguing name. To me it sounds like something from a pirate movie - am I giving away too much? Speaking of which, I was reading a story in Wired magazine yesterday about the real Captain Morgan - apparently on one occasion a pre-pillaging party got a little out of hand and his crew blew up their own ship. Fortunately, he and 10 other crew members were rescued. A little cautionary tale, for those who mix their boating with ale... He gave up the pirate life at age 39 and became a sugar cane plantation owner and Lieutenant Governor of Jamaica. And speaking of Jamaica, have you seen this week's weather forecast? I'd only be half-surprised if I'm out there perch and crappie fishing next weekend. Hope the folks along the rivers have started sandbagging!

DonH
03-09-2012, 12:28 PM
Blue, What am I missing?

What actually is it that acquired such an intriguing name? Someting out of a pirate movie?

DonH
03-09-2012, 02:01 PM
The picture is of a spot with a specific pirate type name. See, that didn't take me long to figure out! If I'm right, this spot is in the Baraboo Lake area, but I have no clue as to it's name.

skywalker11
03-09-2012, 09:15 PM
I think it may be bonnies mound? not there often.....

timk
03-10-2012, 09:55 AM
Hello , is it from Baraboo Lake looking towards the Island ( North / West side of Lake Basin ) . Note - One Boat Landing is to your right and in back . On the other side of the Island you are facing is another Boat Landing . Sorry , I spend most of my time in the Northern end of the Flowage and do not know the names of the landings . We have been going to Joe Millers Cottages since 1960 ( note - I was two then ! ) . If this is that area , I did catch my biggest Muskie around Baraboo . Note - I said around ... LOL . Only a fisherman says that !

BlueRanger
03-10-2012, 10:03 PM
Rollerblading in shorts in early March - gotta love it! Well, I don't know what happened to Tiny, but it is Bonies Mound, facing NE.

While we await his return, I dug up these old ones taken almost exactly 5 years ago. Should be pretty easy, but the snow and uncommon angle might make them interesting.

15900 15899

skywalker11
03-11-2012, 08:55 AM
the first is looking into baraboo, from the houses on the hill(i bet the trees in the pic are gone from the tornado) i forget the name of the shallow bar stretching between the island and the land to the east, georges bar or something like that. the second might be behind that, or maybe looking towards springstead?

BlueRanger
03-11-2012, 12:12 PM
Close enough. They're both from about the same spot - the ridge on the left side of the channel coming out of Springstead Landing. First one looking north into Baraboo, second one looking back at the landing. I'll have to go back up there - I'm sure the view has improved with all the trees that blew down on that ridge.

The Tiny Fisherman
03-12-2012, 07:00 AM
Well as you all know Skywaker was correct, can't believe that Don got that one wrong (1 for 1). I usually don't check my computer on weekends, way to busy outside. Blue like the way you think, very funny.

Let's try one you know is outside your range,

Flambeau trail
03-12-2012, 10:25 AM
Tiny, that last one looks like like Dollar Island and a bit of Little Grassy Island on the left side of the picture. Cost you a beer this summer if I'm right. Keep them coming. Enjoy them as all Lake Linkers seem too. Walt

skywalker11
03-12-2012, 10:32 AM
Is that the island on the west side of trude, looking east?

BlueRanger
03-12-2012, 11:06 AM
Down on the south end where Beaver Creek comes in, west side?

Mark Benson
03-12-2012, 03:34 PM
Tiny:

FT's got a beer coming!!! It not on Trude, so Blue has a shot as well...

Mark

The Tiny Fisherman
03-12-2012, 03:49 PM
You guys had a shot at it and Blue has to jump in there and kick some butt. FT aka Walt?, you got to get off the main channel (beer for me).

The spot is facing north coming out of the Beaver Creek area, you can even see the low water bar that gets a lot of props.

Here's another one,

timk
03-12-2012, 04:00 PM
Is that from Lake Bastine looking through the narrows ( North ) - after the narrows is the Pink Rock , etc. . The big Island is foward to your right , left is main land ?

skywalker11
03-12-2012, 07:51 PM
Is that fishermans way down on the left with the little island out in front? looking south east toward fishermans.

Flambeau trail
03-12-2012, 09:05 PM
Thought I had that one right Tiny. I owe you a Point Special. I think that timk may be correct on the last one. Walt.

BlueRanger
03-12-2012, 11:13 PM
I'm with TimK, except for the camera position. I think you took this one off your dock or very close to it, pointing almost due north.

The Tiny Fisherman
03-13-2012, 07:13 AM
TimK is on the money on that one. Walt, you don't scare me, I've had plenty of Point Specials. As always Blue is correct about the location of the shot (tons of pictures off the dock). With a view like that its hard not to capture some great pictures.

Are we having fun yet?

BlueRanger
03-13-2012, 12:30 PM
Somebody forgot to shuffle the deck!

Flambeau Vista Retreat LLC
03-13-2012, 12:49 PM
I hate reruns! LOL

The Tiny Fisherman
03-14-2012, 07:11 AM
Oops, sorry about that got the wrong one. Even old people can screw up (yikes). I need to retire.

Holy crap, I'm bad,

DonH
03-14-2012, 08:48 AM
I've never been there or seen this spot, but man is it beautiful. I need to know where this area is located. I've fished Trude lake, and the TFF from there all the way to Blair lake including Merkle lake, but never got into Town Line, Horseshoe or Bonnies Mound area.

I didn't buy a boat with a real motor until 5 or 6 years ago, so I've spent most of my life on the TFF getting from here to there with a 9.9. There is good and bad with that (I'm a "glass half full" kind of guy).

The bad - it limits you as to where you fish because making a trip is a big decision. It used to take me 45 minutes to get from our cabin in Lake Bastine to the Flats.

The good - because every trip is a decision, once you're out there you make less of them (going from the Grassy Island area to Rat lake for instance) and end up really learning some areas and what makes them tick. So less trips means I stayed in an area and worked it, and learned it.

Now with my boat, trips that took 20 minutes take 4 or 5 so I tool from here to there quite a bit. But I'm not doing anything aimlessly. I now have a ton of spots to work that I really know from all those years of being reluctant to move.

But back to the reason I'm here. Where is this spot?

connor
03-14-2012, 08:52 AM
I have to try the entrance to four mile creek?

timk
03-14-2012, 09:42 AM
I agree with Conner ( maybe .. :>) ) .. I thought near 4 Mile Creek too though there is bay in Lake Bastine ( South East Corner ) that looks like that too but I am trying to remember if the large trees are that close to the water !

The Tiny Fisherman
03-15-2012, 06:49 AM
Sorry, but that isn't the spot. But I'm sure somebody will get it. Don, close your eyes and try again, you'll kick yourself.

Wow, talk about nice weather, in the 70's and to stay warm for the next few weeks. Open water should be early this year.

Mark Benson
03-15-2012, 09:29 AM
Open water in two weeks, Tiny... Book It!!!

Mark

03-15-2012, 10:20 AM
Two years ago it went out completely by March 31st, which was the earliest anyone could recall. There were also years that it wasn't out by the fishing opener in May. Maybe the mayfly hatch will be in April this year!! LOL Crazy weather, to be sure.

The Fox
03-15-2012, 03:30 PM
Looks a little like the entry into Blair Lake?

The Tiny Fisherman
03-16-2012, 05:42 AM
Sorry Mr. Fox, that's not even close.

It would be nice to beat the old record Walt referenced.

There were huge flocks after flocks of geese flying north yesterday. Now there's a sign of spring.

Have a great weekend,

BlueRanger
03-16-2012, 08:39 PM
Is it just down the shore from Donner's?

Hot Runr Guy
03-17-2012, 06:56 AM
Is it just down the shore from Donner's?

I'll bet you're right Blue, the Cedar Cove A-frames are in the upper-left of the pic below, that's probably the area just to the SE of them.

HRG15940

The Tiny Fisherman
03-19-2012, 07:33 AM
Clue, HRG you guessed the spot awhile back...

The ice is turning black and about four feet from shore. It won't be long until it's ice out.

What a spring,

connor
03-19-2012, 09:35 AM
That would make it the entrance to Rat Lake.. Boy must have been at a very low water level when taken.

Hot Runr Guy
03-19-2012, 10:33 PM
Clue, HRG you guessed the spot awhile back...

The ice is turning black and about four feet from shore. It won't be long until it's ice out.

What a spring,

from post #3 of this thread, back on page 1? You DID mention that you were going to post a pic from there,,,,,,,
HRG

The Tiny Fisherman
03-20-2012, 06:33 AM
HRG, got that one.

Ice moved out about ten feet from shore, should be gone by the weekend,

Hot Runr Guy
03-20-2012, 07:24 PM
I'm going to be vague with this answer, but is it at least within this circle????

HRG

The Tiny Fisherman
03-21-2012, 06:31 AM
Nice try, but save that spot, because there is one coming of it. Your always ahead of me.

Hint: same shore, but farther east, look for the eagle nest,

LundAngler
03-22-2012, 11:31 AM
Tiny,
I've been watching for a few weeks and have been stumped most of the time.
Either I'm getting oldtimers, or you are getting better at taking "tough-to-guess" pictures.
Jeff

gus
03-26-2012, 02:56 PM
Would that be the shoreline across from HRG circle on big island?

Hot Runr Guy
03-26-2012, 07:47 PM
Tiny gave me the hint, it's a little further N/NE from my previous attempt. (maybe)
HRG

The Tiny Fisherman
03-27-2012, 10:42 AM
Both are wrong, try a lot more east of there. I know this shot may not help too much. Somebody should remember this stump where the eagles sit below their nest and feed.

gus
03-27-2012, 04:02 PM
Shoreline across from merckle bridge.

The Tiny Fisherman
03-28-2012, 06:53 AM
Its about time Gus. Located on the north shore where the river channel comes right up to shore.

The Tiny Fisherman
03-28-2012, 06:56 AM
Here's one not many have seen.

Hope it doesn't last as long,

BlueRanger
03-28-2012, 06:23 PM
Hmm... Is it right next to Bonies Mound, looking toward Grant Creek?

The Tiny Fisherman
03-29-2012, 05:52 AM
Hmm...Close, but that's not it.

BlueRanger
03-29-2012, 10:53 AM
Oh, then it must be that other spot right near there!

The Tiny Fisherman
03-29-2012, 11:53 AM
Again close, but that's not it. Its so easy, even a blind person could get this one.

BlueRanger
03-30-2012, 09:01 AM
Okay, then my next guess is a mile downstream where the channel makes the hard bend from NW to SE- campsite A1 would be on your left and R29 is to your right.

Getting ready for summer today. Just finished a rebuild on my Calcuttas - replaced the anti-reverse bearings and a few miscellaneous spacers and upgraded to carbon fiber drag washers. 15 years of heavy use and they're purring like kittens. The improvement in the drag start-up is incredible! Muskies beware!

BlueSprint07
03-31-2012, 09:57 AM
All I know is looking at all these pictures of the flowage is making me twitch wanting to get up there so bad, and also realize that after 7 years I have no clue where anything is or what it's called. Either I've been drinking too much while Ski drives me around or the fishing is so good I would only recognize the picture with a fat smallmouth smack dab in the middle. In an effort to test the drinking theory I'm going to go sit in my garage with some cold beer, pull up the forum, and whip out the hot spots map and lakemaster map on my humminbird. Perhaps with a buzz it will all come back and I'll take a shot at one of these....worse case I'll start to learn so when Blue is telling me where to go this spring I won't just be nodding my head to appear that I actually know what he is saying. TFF!!!

BlueRanger
03-31-2012, 05:30 PM
I'm still pondering how the blind guy is going to see the pictures - Braille camera?

BlueRanger
04-01-2012, 12:54 PM
In prior years, this game didn't have to compete for people's attention with yardwork and actual fishing...

gus
04-01-2012, 01:35 PM
Was up there on Thursday and Friday,cutting fire wood.Looking out on the open water,and thinking this time last year we were driving out there ice fishing.

The Tiny Fisherman
04-02-2012, 07:32 AM
Because even Blue couldn't get this one we'll have to move on to another. But do remember his last guess, it will come up sooner that you think. There is a map showing the angle of the last shot looking towards Murray's Landing. Camp sites R39 and R40 would be to the right.

Docks, lift and boat are all in. Went out for a boat ride yesterday and the temps were 44 to 46. Big difference from last week's low 50's.

Here are two new ones,

BlueRanger
04-02-2012, 06:29 PM
Well, I guess I shouldn't feel too bad about missing that one - that may be the only part of the TFF that I've never been to even once. I used to fish just below Murray's frequently and even took my old boat up the river a couple miles past the landing once, but always cut through on the north side of that island and never followed the channel all the way around. These new ones aren't ringing any bells either.

connor
04-03-2012, 09:11 AM
I'll take a shot at the Middle picture. Its in a bay East of Long Island North of 4th of july slough.

The Tiny Fisherman
04-03-2012, 09:45 AM
That's not it Connor, but thanks for trying.

Hint: The two new pictures are taken from the same spot, just opposite angles.

33 dazes until opener,

BlueRanger
04-03-2012, 06:18 PM
Is it the little bay on the west side of the Turtle just south of Fourmile Creek?

The Tiny Fisherman
04-04-2012, 06:52 AM
Blue, not sure if this is where you mean. Hopping HRG would have jumped on it, because he did such a good job pointing it out (see reply #49). Gus said it's about the only place where there is still timber still standing.

Have a great day and catch the big one,

George G
04-04-2012, 07:24 AM
Just a wild guess Tiny, Beaver Flats, always floating timber their.

BlueRanger
04-04-2012, 03:08 PM
Yes, HRG's circled area was what I was referring to. Haven't been there in ages, but I remembered all the stumps out around the mouth as a unique feature.

The Tiny Fisherman
04-04-2012, 03:43 PM
Blue, that is what I thought. That's why I put another one out there and George jumped on that one. Good job! Nobody said anything about Gus's hot bait.

Have a good day,

Hot Runr Guy
04-04-2012, 03:57 PM
Aw c'mon Tiny, just give me a picture of the dam, or Sandy Point,,,,,,,,,,

I'm working a trade show in Orlando FL this week, so I'm at a disadvantage to the group.

HRG

BlueRanger
04-04-2012, 07:28 PM
There are still a few tall ones just south of the narrows downstream from Blair...

gus
04-08-2012, 05:02 PM
It's getting harder and harder finding standing timber on the Flowage.

Tiny,would that be just upstream from Blair?

gus
04-08-2012, 05:21 PM

This was taken on Sunday of opening weekend of deer season.

BlueRanger
04-08-2012, 05:30 PM
Cleverly foreshadowed in #67. Interesting that such a big bay rarely gets any fishing interest, but it's not very deep. Still, one would think perhaps the perch and bluegills would be in there, and maybe some largemouth.

The Tiny Fisherman
04-09-2012, 01:06 PM
Your right Gus, Blue did a good job describing it in #62. At first I thought he was talking about this spot, but I thing he's still working on #67. It's pretty deep for a small bay, I would say twelve feet and lots of wood. Can't say where, but there is a dandy Musky in the area. As for pan fish, we never did get into them in there either.

Wow, what a Friday night the moon was shinning on the water, sat around the fire drinking barley pop.

This one is for you HRG,

Hot Runr Guy
04-09-2012, 07:38 PM
This one is for you HRG,

Thank you sir!
HRG
T-33 days & counting,,,,,,,

BlueRanger
04-09-2012, 08:53 PM
The reference to #67 was because that's where you said to remember the spot I described in #62 because it would come up later...hence the foreshadowing comment.

Curious to know what time of year the hummingbirds start showing up - hoping to stop by this summer and try for some good close-ups of your little visitors.

The Tiny Fisherman
04-10-2012, 07:02 AM
Blue, figured that is what your shady intentions were, still had fun with ya..... I'll have to dig into Flambeau Fluffy's Big Book of Records. The hummingbirds normally arrive around mid May. Not sure if they'll come early. Saw some dragonflies this last weekend, at first I thought I saw a hummer. Your welcome to come over and film Fluffy's rookery. Best time is before or after they nest. With late summer being the best, there is at least a hundred of them. Fluffy goes through over a hundred and fifty pound of sugar each year. She calls them the pigs, with filling the twenty plus feeders up to three times a day.

HRG not sure if that is a guess? If your testing me, your picture is of the Big Island, across from the Dam and a tad to the north.

Hot Runr Guy
04-10-2012, 07:44 AM
HRG not sure if that is a guess? If your testing me, your picture is of the Big Island, across from the Dam and a tad to the north.

No sir, no test. My brother and I were drifting the flat east of Al's Place last fall, when the sun started going down and provided that view. All I had was the camera in my BlackBerry, so I snapped the shot and hoped for the best.
HRG

BlueSprint07
04-11-2012, 08:39 PM
BR, strangely enough I have some good friends who are the aunt and uncle of the buddy I had up with me last year for the first time, if you remember I had a newbie instead of Ski. His aunt and uncle love hummingbirds and have dozens of feeders and get them all the time at their place in Wausaukee on Wolf Lake. Having a beer and exchanging fishing stories my wife asked when the Hummingbirds show up every year because she has a tattoo of one on her lower back. They said May 10th, every year, which I'll now always remember because that is her birthday. Coincidence? Hard to say....but now you know.

04-11-2012, 11:06 PM
Blue,

I know there is a hummingbird tracking site that lists hummingbird reports as they move north each year and may show historical trends. My wife is always checking it and I think she told me they are as far north as Madison. I'm sure you can google it.

04-11-2012, 11:08 PM
Sorry Tim,

After posting I realized we hijacked your thread on "guess that spot". Carry on!

The Tiny Fisherman
04-12-2012, 06:54 AM
Not a problem Walt, but I threw a bone out there for HRG and all. Even you should be able to get it.

Still waiting for a guess,

DonH
04-12-2012, 10:19 AM
You are heading southeast and the channel makes a turn to the left. The photo is the point on the left as you're heading to the dam which is on your right and only about 1/2 mile away.

Not sure how better to describe it.

Stopping at Gander Mountain tonight. Checked my tackle box yesterday. I'm down to 67 Shad Raps in 12 colors, so I obviously need several more. Funny thing, my wife thinks I have a problem?

timk
04-12-2012, 11:25 AM
Hello , are you in the beginning of the narrows behind the small islands looking towards the main shore ? Your back is towards the Big Island , to your far left is Lake Bastine , also left / front is the ' black rock island ' and to the right is the narrows ( going towards Pink Rock ) ? Water is little low too ... you can see some stumps coming up !

The Tiny Fisherman
04-12-2012, 01:01 PM
If your guessing the spot HRG put out there I've already did that in #84. I was waiting on #81 the one where there is a rainbow, by the highlines, across from Donners Bay. Because at HRG's request he want an easy one.

With that let's move on to another,

timk
04-12-2012, 01:47 PM
Hello , is this looking towards Lake Bastine from the small bay ( or Point ) of the Big Island at the point of the Narrows ? The main land would be to your right and the shoreline of the big island follows on your left . The power lines ( though the woods ) would be on your left . The way to the pink rock would be in back of you .

The Tiny Fisherman
04-13-2012, 05:47 AM
Sorry Tim that's not it. Give it another try.

We're only three weeks to opener,

gus
04-16-2012, 12:44 PM
Is that the point across from merkle bridge?

The Tiny Fisherman
04-16-2012, 02:44 PM
Sorry Gus, but that isn't either.

Nice try,

Hot Runr Guy
04-16-2012, 03:04 PM
Is that the point across from merkle bridge?

Tiny,
I think your memory is failing you. I'm with Gus, that's DEFINATELY the point NE of the Merkle bridge,,,,,,,,,,

That's my story, and I'm sticking with it.
Hahahaha, HRG

The Tiny Fisherman
04-17-2012, 06:39 AM
I don't know what you two are smoking (back away from the campfire), but that is way off the spot.

I'll have to put up one of the dam,

gus
04-17-2012, 12:53 PM
I must be losing it!!is that one of the islands coming out of springstead landing on the left,where it narrows down just before the big water?
HRG,thanks for the back up.

Mark Benson
04-17-2012, 02:55 PM
Gosh as long as this one is this tough, I am going with up the Mannie arm, but specifically where, I'll have to see if I can get one of those maps up to show ya...

Mark

04-20-2012, 12:40 AM
Is that where the white egret was hanging out just before you entered the Boney Mound area? Gotta get this thread going again, so post a guess guys and gals or Tiny will go to sleep!

Tim, please note who is posting. "Stay on your toes!"

The Tiny Fisherman
04-20-2012, 05:44 AM
Scott, Mark could be close (as you), but nobody is even trying.....

There is plenty more to come,

The Tiny Fisherman
04-20-2012, 05:47 AM
Also note that Gus and HRG were and are way off. See as how they are tag teaming up on me.

Have a great weekend,

Mark Benson
04-20-2012, 11:48 AM
Tiny:

Was really hoping that google would have some better pics in that area, but guess not. Your picture is looking east.

Mark

The Tiny Fisherman
04-23-2012, 07:35 AM
Good job Mark, is this your first? The picture is just before you get to Murry's Landing.

Let's see if HRG can get this one,

The Tiny Fisherman
04-23-2012, 07:45 AM
Sorry HRG the one I tried to use won't load correctly.

We'll have to try another,

Hot Runr Guy
04-23-2012, 08:08 AM
I don't have a frickin' clue! and now my head hurts from staring at that sunset,,,,,,,,,(or sunrise)

HRG

Mark Benson
04-23-2012, 09:41 AM
Tiny:

I am not sure if that is the first one I have ever gotten, but not many and I certainly enjoy the entertainment value in this!!!

Looking at the island on the west side of Sweeney during a beauty sunset!!!

Mark

The Tiny Fisherman
04-24-2012, 06:53 AM
Mark, only thing I can say is your facing the right direction and too far north/east.

Sorry HRG I'll try your's later,

Mark Benson
04-24-2012, 02:26 PM
IMHO its too small to be Big, so then you gotta be way south into the Lake Ten/Rat area or up the Turtle arm somewhere. I am thinking L T/R area though.

Mark

George
04-24-2012, 08:40 PM
My guess is that spot is about 93 million miles from that big orange thing on the horizon. :)

The Tiny Fisherman
04-25-2012, 06:37 AM
Your very close Mark, here another angle. Backup a mile.

Of course George is correct, give or take a few million miles.

Hot Runr Guy
04-25-2012, 07:49 AM
Down here at the south end?????

HRG

Mark Benson
04-25-2012, 10:01 AM
Tiny:

You are looking NW catching the south end of the closet island from the pin looking at the one behind it.

Mark

The Tiny Fisherman
04-26-2012, 07:06 AM
Good job Mark, you sure know your spots. As for HRG, he's turned around again.

Good luck on this one,

Hot Runr Guy
04-26-2012, 08:32 AM
I've hit that stump! But, then again, over the last 35 years, I've hit a LOT of them,,,,,,,,,,

HRG

Mark Benson
04-26-2012, 03:48 PM
Really lucky Tiny!!! Didn't get it on the first guess and without some help... As HRG said that could be anywhere, but I am thinking that you are looking into the same islands...

Mark

The Tiny Fisherman
04-27-2012, 05:52 AM
Holy cow Mark, your on a roll.

This is the one I've been saving for HRG,

bobs port 608
04-27-2012, 06:39 AM
Hey Tim, I'm up early so I'll steal this one. It's the parking lot you have to try to wind your way through opening weekend!! See you next week.

Hot Runr Guy
04-27-2012, 06:57 AM
This is the one I've been saving for HRG,

Pink rock? Hahaha, HRG

15 days to go!

George G
04-27-2012, 09:13 AM
Just a wild guess Tiny, could it be the Dam, just guessing.

Mark Benson
04-27-2012, 09:21 AM
One of the years we were up there staying with Lloyd and Mary at Donners, we hired Ed Robinson and his sidekick Ed. Any one know his last name, BTW??? We were really excited until we got below the DAM!!! They had shut the thing down completely!!! We were lucky enough to catch enough fish for the shore lunch and couple of really nice bass, AND fish with Mr. Robinson!!! Boat stories about him, but for another story... The moral of the story... even a for sure thing can be shut down.

Mark

Mark Benson
04-27-2012, 09:23 AM
Just a wild guess Tiny, could it be the Dam, just guessing.

Geez, George, I coulda got my third in a row... LOL!!!

Mark

St Croix Kid
04-27-2012, 03:45 PM
Ed Beechler. strange thing is that i believe beechler passed exactly a week after robinson did. i had so much fun fishing with both of those guys in the early 90's

Mark Benson
04-28-2012, 03:36 PM
Thanks Kid!!!

Mark

The Tiny Fisherman
04-30-2012, 07:43 AM
Your all too good for your own sake. Things are winding down, with the opener just around the corner.

Five dazes and counting,

Hot Runr Guy
04-30-2012, 08:02 AM
standing on your dock, looking towards the dam??????

HRG

The Tiny Fisherman
05-01-2012, 06:37 AM
No, but close....

Four dazes and counting,

George G
05-02-2012, 10:46 AM
Donners Bay looking out to the flowage, dam will be on your right, of course down a way.

The Tiny Fisherman
05-02-2012, 12:27 PM
Sorry George, again close.

Think outside of the box,

Tom502
05-02-2012, 01:48 PM
Tiny,

Looking north-west from your dock ??

Also, thanks for all you contribute to this board !!

Tom502

Mark Benson
05-02-2012, 01:54 PM
OK, I take another shot... still thinking you are looking at a sunset... So same area as the others are saying like under the power lines looking up the turtle arm.

Mark

The Tiny Fisherman
05-02-2012, 03:09 PM
Thanks Tom, I enjoy your posts also.

Your all very close, put your guests together and wallah,

DonH
05-02-2012, 03:44 PM
I think these guesses are really close, but this is a sunrise, not a sunset and it's from just outside Lake Bastine looking towards the Dam. I use to make that trip every morning on our vacations with a 6.5 hp, so that view is ingrained in my mind. Left before dawn and was fishing the Flats by 2 pm easy!

The Tiny Fisherman
05-03-2012, 06:36 AM
Still very close, think backwards.......

George G
05-03-2012, 09:11 AM
Looking towards the Dam , outside Donners bay.

Mark Benson
05-03-2012, 10:44 AM
Alright last chance other wise lets go fishing!!! Looking west past the dam, then Donners...

Mark

LundAngler
05-03-2012, 11:00 AM
Just outside Bastine looking north??

DonH
05-03-2012, 11:51 AM
This is taken just south of the dam looking towards the power lines.

I knew it was a familar view, I'm just heading in instead of heading out, and it is a sunset.

The Tiny Fisherman
05-03-2012, 12:25 PM
Great job Mark for showing the spot. Don I would have thought of all the people that travel through there, for all those years. You had it, going and not coming.

Not many left, with one daze out,

BlueRanger
05-03-2012, 12:37 PM
For all the time you spend in Bonies, you'd save a lot of gas if you moved to our side of the Flowage...

The Tiny Fisherman
05-03-2012, 02:46 PM
Sure can't fool you or can I. The last one went on too long. One year I put on over 900 miles on the Flowage. The last two years I've spent half my time cleaning up from the big storms (and still at it). We were in your neck of the woods last Saturday, went by the place (didn't seem to be anybody around). Fluffy (aka: Shore Rat) found two treaded eight foot timbers by Mud Lake.

We're getting short, not much time left,

George G
05-04-2012, 09:57 AM
Across from the Dam to the left. ??

DonH
05-04-2012, 10:34 AM
Hi Tiny,

Is this the point on the right you pass and then make a right turn to head to the Pink Rock? I've always referred to this as the narrows.

There is a pond back in there that my brother and I used to explore and fish when we were kids. Used to see huge turtles back there. Their backs had to be 2' across. Just immense snappers.

The Tiny Fisherman
05-09-2012, 07:35 AM
Sorry young felloes, but that's not even close.

Had a great time off, caught lots of fish,

Hot Runr Guy
05-09-2012, 08:57 AM
Sorry young felloes, but that's not even close.

Had a great time off, caught lots of fish,

Tiny,
We'll be in the Cedar Cove A-frames next week, if we see you out & about would you mind a quick visit to say hello? We certainly enjoy your helping us make it thru the winter with the "guess the spot" contest.
HRG

The Tiny Fisherman
05-09-2012, 09:20 AM
HRG, that would be great. We've met all sorts of good people thur this form.

Catch the big one,