PDA

View Full Version : Too much snow?

sarah123
03-05-2012, 04:46 PM
Well...I was really excited about our trip up there last weekend, but we ended up getting about a foot of snow at our house!!! Just wondering if you guys up in there in Gladstone got the same amount of snow...I was hoping to re-schedule our trip for this weekend instead!! Did anybody venture out????

The Bait Shop Guy
03-06-2012, 06:05 AM
We didn't get hit as bad as a lot of other places. When I fished off the Gladstone harbor Sunday afternoon, I measured 6 inches of snow and slush. The warm temps forecast for the next week should knock it down some. Still going to be really sloppy, though.

sarah123
03-06-2012, 08:32 AM
Thanks Chris :)

The Bait Shop Guy
03-07-2012, 10:54 AM
I took my truck off the Gladstone harbor last night. Where I had 6 inches of snow a few days ago, I now had only 3. I also only measured 10 inches of ice where I set up! I don't know if it was due to the current or what? A buddy of mine was fishing 100 yards away, and he still had 13 inches. For the most part it wasn't too bad driving out, but I did find a couple deeper slush holes, and some really bad frozen ruts. It was a little too rough going for my beat up old Ford. At this point I think I'm pretty much done taking my truck out onto the ice this season. I'll give the warm weather a few more days to knock down the snow, then I'll just walk out. The guys on quads and sleds seemed to be getting around OK.

I only marked 7 or 8 fish that trip, and only iced one undersized fish. I've done pretty well there the last few years at the end of season. I'm not about to give up on it just yet.