PDA

View Full Version : Weekend ice fishing report

Ty Sennett
03-05-2012, 11:11 AM
I took out Rob Keller and his dad Ed Friday and Saturday. There was an incredible amount of slush out there. I rented a mountain snowmobile to get our gear out to where we wanted to go and we wouldn't have been able to get out there without it. I did manage to get it stuck in the woods and my backyard. Not a whole lot of fun to dig out. Took me about an hour the first time. On Friday we had to drill holes and fish for about an hour and then move because it got to slushy. We were walking in about a foot and a half of slush. Made for some good laughs and sore legs. We couldn't quite fish where we wanted because it was a little too wet in that area. We did manage to pull quite a few crappie out though. On Saturday the area we tried to get to on Friday had froze up just enough to get to. We still had very wet feet but we flat out caught a lot of crappie. Between the three of us we kept our limit of crappie and threw back the largest ones along with some others. Rob caught one that looked to be in the 13 inch range and I had one that I said was bigger just because I didn't want Rob to outfish me. It was probably the same size though.

It was a total nightmare trying to stay out of the slush but it was worth it. Lots of fun. We had a cold night last night so now the lake will be a lot easier to walk on.