PDA

View Full Version : 3/1/12 Gladstone snow, access, and fishing report

The Bait Shop Guy
03-01-2012, 11:45 PM
Finally got dug out from the storm, and had a little time to fish this evening. I measured about 7 inches of snow in my yard in Escanaba. About the same at the bait shop. Took the truck out from the Gladstone yacht club. A customer told me that he was able to take his truck off of the east side of the parking lot today. Somebody was nice enough to put a couple markers where he had driven off at, (should go without saying, "If you see the markers, don't park right in front of them.") The shoreline had some slush, but other than that, it was almost easier getting on and off there, than the usual spot on the south side of the parking lot before the snow! I don't know if it had really settled already, but I only measured 4 inches of snow on the ice, south of Gladstone. Absolutely no problem with the truck. Guys on quads didn't appear to have any issues, either. When I drilled my holes, there was a lot of water welling up. Eventually, you will end up sitting in about an inch of water.

I didn't mark many fish tonight, only 8 or 9, but they were fairly active. I ended up landing 3 nice eaters - a 16 inch and a couple 20's. All three were on the #9 Glow Hot Perch Jigging Rap.

Good luck to everyone this weekend.

sarah123
03-02-2012, 09:07 AM
Thanks for the update Chris, appreciate it!!