PDA

View Full Version : Need to find fisherman from Wisconsin

duckiller2
02-29-2012, 10:35 AM
Last week Thursday I help a guy from Wisconsin land a 30 in eye out and a little south of the Vagabond He drove a black ford 3/4 ton with a white trailer to watch tipups from He was meeting some others that night or the next morning. I do not remember his name but I know he had been injured in a auto accident and had been burned on his hands some time back.. Anyhow he had the most tricked out lights on his tipups. Just wondering where they got them or the name of them. They sat on the top of the T where you hook the flag and it had 2 red LED lights that spin around as the fish took line. I have never caught a 30 incher yet but it was fun to help him even if I had to go arm deep through the ice to grab it for him. Would havwe been hard by himself as the fish had the line wraped around its lower flipper fin and came up to the hole sideways.

thanks for the help

Duckkiller2 over and out

The Bait Shop Guy
02-29-2012, 11:46 AM
Sort of sounds like the HT Cyclone lights, but I think they have red and green lights. If so, we have them.

esox1750
02-29-2012, 04:29 PM
I think the light your talking about is the Lighthouse tip up lights...They are made in Rice Lake Wisconsin....Gonna be going into productions this year again.... Either come in red, blue, or black and yellow and have 1 single Led on each side of the light. They are maybe the diameter of a 50 cent piece and maybe 2.5" tall. There is a magnet that gets put onto the flag and then that magnet sticks to the light that is mounted onto the tipup....fish takes line flag pops....

Ive been using these for about 7 years and they work great... This is the only place I could find a picture of them so check out the link...

http://setthehook.com/icefishing/tipuplights/tipuplighthouse.htm

John

duckiller2
03-01-2012, 10:24 AM
Thats is what he had Where can I find them and what do they cost? Would like to try some more of that tipup stuff next year. Seems to be the only way to get my 30 incher I am hunting

Duckiller out

silvertoe
03-01-2012, 05:59 PM
The tip-up lights I was using that night were in fact Lighthouse tip-up lights. I bought six of them on E-Bay a couple years ago that were brand new still in the package. They work great. Nice to be able to see how fast the fish is taking out the line. I think I paid around $12.00 a piece for them.The walleye is at the taxidermist. Thanks again for all your help that night! I might not have that huge fish if you hadn't stopped by. You held the light,reached your arm in the cold water to un-tangle the line,removed the hook,and even carried the fish back to my shack because my hand was bleeding pretty bad and was cold. One of the guys that came up later on that night caught a 27 inch walleye using a size smaller version of the orange and chrome colored Swedish Pimple I used to catch the 30 1/4 incher that night and the 28 3/4 inch walleye the month before.Bay De Noc lure company? Thanks again!
Cory

duckiller2
03-02-2012, 09:26 AM
Thanks for the info I will find some for next season. Still hunting the 30in class fish. Someday she will grace me with a good bite. Post a pic when your mount is back and on the wall. Glad you got your "big" one!!!!!!!!!!!