PDA

View Full Version : February 27th/28th ice fishing report

Ty Sennett
02-29-2012, 09:42 AM
I went out to do a little scouting on the 27th by myself. Not a whole lot of fun to ice fish by yourself by the way but this was more business than anything. I found some crappie and by some I mean a lot. I tried a different area than anyone was fishing and there were a ton of fish there and they were good sized.

Yesterday I filmed with Dave Carlson out of Eau Claire and we caught plenty of crappie in the same spot that I fished on the 27th. I kept 22 in the three hours we were there and probably could have tripled that had I been moving around from hole to hole. I drilled about eighty holes and fished out of about five. We had plenty of footage so it didn't much matter. Most were in the 9 to 11 inch range. We did catch a lot of small ones also. Didn't see any of them the day before. Nothing over 11 inches yesterday but like I said we didn't move around much.

Nasty storm up here right now. We've got close to a foot of snow and a whole lot of wind. No fishing today.

makins117
02-29-2012, 10:43 AM
It's weird to hear about ice fishing when we have 50 degree weather and no ice anywhere down here in the Chicago area. I don't think we have had more than a few weeks where the ice was safe enough to fish down here all Winter.

MCR_at_BigMusky
02-29-2012, 11:58 AM
I saw the forecast – wow. It’s 54 down here today, Ty, will you drive by my trailer and brush the snow off my boat? Lol JK

Mark Benson
03-11-2012, 12:35 PM
Ty:

great stuff with Dave Carlson!!! Saw it this a.m.

Mark

Ty Sennett
03-12-2012, 08:40 AM
I'll have to see it on his website. Maybe it's on there now.