PDA

View Full Version : WARNING - Fish report

pinnowc
02-28-2012, 10:39 AM
WARNING - There is extremely thin ice in the area of the green can (shown on the hot spot map but not there in winter) south of the Days River just along the break. We went to fish that area yesterday morning in the dark and in a 50 yard stretch leading up to the break it went from 18" of ice to 1" or less of ice. When walking around to punch holes to find the break, I actually broke thru and lucky for me it was only 2 feet deep and I only went in with one leg. There is a large clump of shacks in this area and the thin ice is between the shacks and the break and just to the south about 75 yards of the heave!!!!

We were up Sat-Sun-Mon on Little Bay. We didn't catch as many big walleyes as in the past, but we managed some eaters...a lot of shorts 11-14" and one nice 25". We ended up getting about 12-15 perch and (4) keeper northern between 26-28"...also had 2 short northern that went back Fished all over deep/shallow from the narrows all the way to north of the Days River mouth, but had our best luck in 12-14fow north of the Days. From some of the other reports, shallow is the ticket for the big girls right now.

xtroll
02-29-2012, 11:14 AM
Thanks for info!