PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Report for February 24th

Ty Sennett
02-26-2012, 12:00 PM
I did some ice fishing with friends on Friday night. We caught some good crappie but did more horsing around at prime time than anything. My buddy John caught about 25 and I think the other five of us caught about four. I think you can tell who took it seriously in our group. Then it was off to the Chippewa Inn for an awesome steak.

releaseher
02-26-2012, 06:34 PM
Ty,

have you ever heard of a warmouth being caught on the flowage? i had never caught one before and got one through the ice yesterday--just curious to how rare it is, definitely my first..

thanks

Ty Sennett
02-29-2012, 08:45 AM
I don't remember ever seeing one. Did you get a picture of it? I used to catch a lot of warmouth as a kid but that was down in some farm ponds in Illinois.

releaseher
02-29-2012, 07:32 PM

here are the pics i took, i wish fishing by myself so these are the best ones i could get...

Ty Sennett
03-05-2012, 10:48 AM
I have caught some like that. I always thought they were just plain old sunfish. I need to go back and study up on my panfish family. When I think of warmouth I think of the dark blue/black/white ones with little teeth that are bigger than largemouth bass. Some ponds in Illinois are loaded with them.