PDA

View Full Version : Feb 16th ice fishing report

Ty Sennett
02-17-2012, 07:56 PM
We did some crappie fishing yesterday and caught about forty or fifty of them. It was pretty slow. The average size was a little lower than normal also. We had a good time though with the weather being so nice.

Good luck,

RobertTB
02-18-2012, 10:55 PM
Hahahaha. "Pretty slow", 'eh ? Doesn't that just chaff your hide ! Ummm...what constitutes not slow ? Glad y'all are having a good time !

Ty Sennett
02-20-2012, 11:36 AM
Robert, the ice fishing is pretty rediculous. Not too hard to get a good batch of crappie. Some days they just don't cooperate though. Last Thursday was one of thosse days.

RobertTB
02-21-2012, 09:50 PM
Well, well, well. I will pay attention next winter and if it seems they are cooperating nicely I think I'll treck up that-a-way and partake ! I usta' come up there and snowmobile, so I reckon a shift to ice fishing is in order. Are many folks ice fishing ? Thanks Ty.

Ty Sennett
02-22-2012, 09:09 AM
For the most part there aren't many people out there. It's nothing like Minnesota. I doubt that there are ten permanent shacks on the ice right now on the Chip. Probably more like four or five.

RobertTB
02-22-2012, 10:01 PM
4 or 5 ? Geeezzzz. If my math is right, thats like 3000 acres per shack. I'd call that elbow room. haha
It isn't at all like Illinois either, I don't think we have safe ice at all, if there is even ice. I suspect the ice fishing vendors that rely on the season are pretty bummed out down here.