PDA

View Full Version : TFFA Clause Kraetke Memorial Ice Fishing Jamboree

Flambeau Vista Retreat LLC
02-13-2012, 09:26 PM
The Turtle Flambeau Flowage Association will hold its annual Claus Kraetke Memorial Ice Fishing Jamboree at Donner’s Bay Resort on Saturday, February 25, 2012. Fishing starts at 7 AM and ends at 4 PM. Cash awards will be given for the three largest fish caught in several categories. Anglers are eligible to participate by purchasing a raffle ticket. Non-anglers are eligible to win prizes too. Raffle prizes include a Remington 770 7mm rifle with scope, a vehicle graphics kit and a NOOK color reader. There will be multiple raffles and food/beverage available throughout the day. The Turtle Flambeau Flowage is a 19,000 acre body of water located between Mercer and Park Falls in Iron County that provides one of the best Northwoods fishing experiences. For information contact Donner’s Bay Resort at 715-476-2555 or visit us online at www.turtleflambeauflowage.com.

JayandCade
02-22-2012, 07:23 PM
Are the tickets available at the Mercer gas stations?

02-22-2012, 10:53 PM
Tickets are available at the Mercer Chamber, Cranberry Inn, Gateway, Hideaway, Dear Lodge, Midway, Spring Creek, Maple Grove and Dick & Joans until early Friday afternoon. After that, tickets can be purchased at Donners Bay Resort. Please call Donners Bay at 715-476-2555 with any questions about tickets or the event. We look forward to seeing a great turn out for this event and everyones support of the TFF is greatly appreciated.

The Fox
02-28-2012, 05:13 PM
Do you have a report on the results for TFFA Clause Kraetke Memorial Ice Fishing Jamboree?

02-29-2012, 12:09 AM
The winner of the Remington 770 7m rifle w/ 3x9 scope is Mike Brandt.

The winner of the Signature Sign and Graphics vehicle graphics package is Cedar Lodge.

The winner of the Nook Color is Tom Dagle.

I don't have access to the fish winners at this time. We had so many great volunteers that they got things put away before I could grab the poster board with the fish postings. We believe its in the garage at Donners Bay and I have asked Porky and Rozann to please provide it to me when they are able so I can post the results.

Thank-you to everyone for their support of the TFFA by attending this event and/or by buying tickets. Also, thank-you to all of the generous area businesses
that donated raffle prizes. We actually were running out of space in the tent to hold everything. Fortunately we had great weather so the raffles could be held outside of the tent. We will look into a bigger tent for next year. Anybody know of a "circus going out of business" sale? LOL Finally, thank-you to all of our many volunteers who made this event possible.

Well it's almost 9 weeks to the opener and about time for my friend, The Tiny Fishermen, to start his annual "Name This Spot" photo quiz of the Turtle Flambeau Flowage, Wisconsin's Scenic Wilderness Waters Area.

Think Spring!

The Tiny Fisherman
02-29-2012, 07:55 AM
It was a great fisheree, had lots of fun.

You'll have to wait one more week. I always start the "Guess that spot" after the close of ice fishing for game fish. Which ends March 4th, 2012.... Hope to get out, if the snow doesn't make it too hard to get around. Right now there is over a foot of wet heavy stuff and boy is it blowing.

Keep your stick on the ice,