PDA

View Full Version : a couple used augers and fish shack for sale.

The Bait Shop Guy
02-02-2012, 08:04 PM
We had a couple customers upgrade to new augers, so they are selling their old ones.

First is another, older Jiffy 3 hp, 8 inch. I took it to the harbor to drill a couple test holes. It was a little temperamental drilling the first two holes, but ran good through the third. Blade was a little dull, so I dropped it off to be resharpened by Worley's. Probably could use a tune up, but for $175, not a bad deal for a unit that runs pretty good.

Second is a much newer Jiffy 3 hp, 10 inch, Legend model. Fired up and ran great in the parking lot. Asking $250 for that one.

Also have a Sportmax Select 2 man suitcase style portable fish shack. Asking $125.

The Bait Shop Guy
02-06-2012, 06:13 AM
Legend model has sold.

The Bait Shop Guy
02-07-2012, 06:13 PM
8 inch Jiffy owner wants that unit sold - now asking $125.

raywriter
02-07-2012, 07:19 PM
Here is a thought about older augers (and similar small engines.) You can usually make them run and start easier by taking a few easy steps. Start by getting rid of the existing gas and replacing it with fresh gas and the correct ratio of 2-cycle oil. Add a small amount of Sea Foam fuel system cleaner. Next buy a couple new spark plugs (they are cheap.) Put in one of the new plugs. Place the auger in a stand so you can run it without trying to hold it up by hand. Start the unit and run it a few minutes so the fuel system cleaner can work. After it starts, runs well, and idles, change the plug.

Here is another observation: My old Eskimo needed the blades sharpened, so I removed them and put them in a vice. I gently used a file to restore the blade angle. I figured I had nothing to lose. When I tried it out on the ice it cut so well I almost had to hold it back a little. Note: filing the blade leaves a small burr. Leave this burr alone. It will come off on the first hole you drill. Remember that you sharpen only one side of the blade, not both sides like you would for a knife blade.

The Bait Shop Guy
03-03-2012, 04:29 PM
Second Jiffy sold quite a while ago.

Shack is now $100.