PDA

View Full Version : Sad news from Big Bay De Noc

Capt. Keith Wils
01-29-2012, 07:44 AM
Got this from another web site.
There was fisherman hit by a snowmobile on Big Bay de Noc today http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=216255.0. Apparently the driver of the snowmobile didn't even stop! Sounds like the victim has two broken legs!!! If anyone saw anything, but does not want to call the police for whatever reason (friend, relative, etc...), but would really like to turn this person in.

The Bait Shop Guy
01-29-2012, 11:04 AM
Are you kidding me! From the other site -

One of my best friends, Parker Bambenek, was hit by a snowmobile today, (Jan 28th,) on BBDN. The man on the snowmobile ran over one of his tip ups, so Parker got out of his shack and was yelling at the guy as he drove away, the snowmobile then turned around and Parker was waving his arms trying to get him to slow down or stop, but it hit him instead. He went flying and hit the ice with two broken legs, he is in an ambulance on his way to Marquette General (where I will be shortly) as I type this.

I was going to be fishing with Parker on LBDN tomorrow but now I will be heading to BBDN to talk to as many people as I can about this in an attempt to get some information on the man or the sled he was on. I am told he was on an orange sled and there were two people on it. I am asking any of you fellow fisherman who frequent either of the DeNocs to ask everyone you talk to out there about this and contact the state police and myself if you know anything at all.

We need to come together on this as a community and help the cops catch this guy or next time it could be you, me, or someone you love.

Unbelievable!

BiG ARN
01-30-2012, 09:52 AM
http://www.uppermichiganssource.com/news/story.aspx?id=713397#.TyatsxpunL0

Capt. Keith Wils
01-31-2012, 03:15 PM
A Delta County man, suspected of driving a snowmobile and striking a fisherman in Garden this past weekend, was interviewed by the Delta County Sheriff Department on Monday, said Sheriff Gary Ballweg this morning.

The alleged assault occurred after the two men had gotten into an argument after the snowmobiler drove dangerously close to the victim around 1 p.m. Saturday while he was fishing on Garden Bay, said deputies.

The victim, 21, of Marquette, suffered severe injuries when struck by the snowmobile. He was transported to Schoolcraft Memorial Hospital and then transferred to Marquette General where he was listed in stable condition.

Ballweg said the suspect, accompanied by his attorney, was interviewed by a detective Monday afternoon. A report on the incident was submitted to the county prosecutor for review, Ballweg added.

No arrests have been made and no one has been lodged in jail. Additional interviews are pending on other suspects, including a passenger on the snowmobile, Ballweg said.

skeeter906
04-16-2012, 03:34 PM
Hey Guys ,Anyone have any updates on this ?? Its sure ben quiet ????