PDA

View Full Version : Southern Wisconsin Area Fishing Report

Fishing Thrills Guide Service
01-20-2012, 01:32 PM
Fishing has been good in Walworth County on Tripp, Whitewater and on Delavan Lake, bass up to 3 ponds and many pike in the 28-32" range. Many fish in the 7-8" range with a few over 9". Looked or got on many other bodies of water which looked ok to treacherous. In Dane and Rock Counties the fish have been numerous but most are pretty small out on Waubesa, Monona and the ditches. They panfish were... also biting on Rat Finkies and Marmooskas and Tungston crystal jigs, Pike and bass up to 3 ponds and many pike in the 28-32" range caught on tip-ups smelt or golden shiners. Lake Koshkonong has been giving up walleye, pike and panfish for those that are getting out there. I’ve found on my way out Lakeside Bait and Tackle next to Delavan and a new place Lunatics Bait in Tackle in Stoughton, has all the above mentioned equipment, Nice people, Bait and Lots more.

Fishing Thrills Guide Service
01-20-2012, 06:40 PM
Ice update..... I'm not been fishing far off shore on a couple of the bays been receiving some others reports on ice thickness. There is about 5 inches of ice by the public boat launch, lake lawn marina and the south end. Some are venturing out further on the main lake. Be cautious where you go on the main lake. There is 1 to 5 inches of ice depending on where you go. Be safe and have fun.

admin911
01-20-2012, 07:36 PM
Ice update..... I'm not been fishing far off shore on a couple of the bays been receiving some others reports on ice thickness. There is about 5 inches of ice by the public boat launch, lake lawn marina and the south end. Some are venturing out further on the main lake. Be cautious where you go on the main lake. There is 1 to 5 inches of ice depending on where you go. Be safe and have fun.
Thanks for the ice report Scott.. Other SE Wis Lakes averaging around 5".. Powers, Mary, Elizabeth, Rock, Center, Camp, Paddock & Channel Lake over the border.. Gills & Crappies Been Tough, Lots of mid to upper 20's Pike around & being caught.. decent perch action deeper in the basin over muck bottoms.. I did see one shack in Geneva Bay a hour ago, but even with the snow I saw alot of dark spots & Ice in general did not look too good!