PDA

View Full Version : TFF in June

byronbears84
01-16-2012, 07:56 PM
I am heading up to TFF for the first time this June with a couple buddies for a camping trip. We are lookin at a possibility of getting a guide to help us find some eyes, but thanks to college we have no money. We are willing to spend some money, but just cant afford $250 some bucks for a half day. so if anyone that isnt an actual guide that knows the flowage very well i wouldnt mind hiring ya for a couple hours if you would be up to it. We will be up there the morning of June 18th, thanks a lot

also curious what the campsites are like up there, and which ones are the best. We will be up there at around 8 am on a monday morning so we should be able to have our pick.

Thanks

admin911
01-16-2012, 08:59 PM
I am heading up to TFF for the first time this June with a couple buddies for a camping trip. We are lookin at a possibility of getting a guide to help us find some eyes, but thanks to college we have no money. We are willing to spend some money, but just cant afford $250 some bucks for a half day. so if anyone that isnt an actual guide that knows the flowage very well i wouldnt mind hiring ya for a couple hours if you would be up to it. We will be up there the morning of June 18th, thanks a lot

also curious what the campsites are like up there, and which ones are the best. We will be up there at around 8 am on a monday morning so we should be able to have our pick.

Thanks

This would be my suggestion: http://www.fishingthenorthcountry.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=5

byronbears84
01-16-2012, 11:10 PM
Does that actually tell me some decent, updated spots? because i went on a similiar trip last year to chippewa flowage, and we didnt catch a single thing with a hotspots map. i juuust ordered a hot spots map for TFF, should i return it and just rely on this book?

Tom502
01-17-2012, 11:05 AM
Personally, I would keep the FHS map and hold off on purchasing the book for $20. Lakemaster also makes a very good TFF map that is probably the most current one I have seen.

Also, for more info about the campsites and the TFF area in general, click on the link below and go to the WI-DNR web page for the TFF. Lots of good info.

If you keep watching this board through the year, there will be lots of info about different methods of fishing and you will also info about general conditions, depth, structure (weed/wood/rock), etc. However, you may not have much luck asking for exact spots to fish.

Tight Lines,

Tom502

http://dnr.wi.gov/org/land/facilities/turtleflambeau/index.html

admin911
01-17-2012, 11:58 AM
I don't know whose map is the latest, nor do I think that matters as Lakes will cycle & things will change from year to year, They all make a quality map with proven hot spots, but I still personally recommend the fishing the north country books as both authors Russ & Ken have had ties to FHS, both are both highly respected guides & educators in the area and contribute to this forum regularly.. As Tom502 said not only follow this board going forward for current patterns & methods but also go back & see what was happening over past years, key in on water temps, moon phases, seasonal migration, plan your trip accordingly & do your homework & it will pay off.. You will also find some very informative articles & tips from both authors as well as others on our websites @ http://muskie411.com http://fishinfo.com http://walleye411.com depending on what species you'll be fishing for.. Good Luck!

Hot Runr Guy
01-17-2012, 02:33 PM
or, you could just sit and idle outside of Fishermans Landing, wait for Don Pemble to blow by, and "tailpipe" him for the day!
(Sorry Don!)

Byron, I don't mean to be cruel, but I've put 40 years in on the TFF, and there are days all I do is go for a boat ride (because I didn't catch anything). No matter what, enjoy your trip.
HRG

byronbears84
01-17-2012, 05:22 PM
Hot Runr, i understand your pains. My friends and i spent all the money our minimum wage jobs gave us.. and yet everything went wrong. Didnt catch anything after a lot of research, depth finder wouldnt work, motor didnt start for crap the first day we got it on the water, all the camping spots were taken, the one night we did get a night on a island it rained.. and yet, we thought it was the trip of a lifetime! i cant wait to get to turtle this summer, maybe there actually are fish in this flowage (the big chip didnt seem to have any that week).

and admin, thanks a lot, i appreciate all the help.. its very, verryyy much needed

havn fun
02-12-2012, 05:43 PM
I am going up to the TFF a couple times in june. I just built a cabin by lake of the falls. If you would like I could show you some of the spots I found, which are good for walleye,smallmouth(football size) and a few perch here and their. I have been fishing here for 20 years and learn new spots every year. If you guys have a boat and are staying on an island you could follow me or if you don,t I could take you guys out for free. I just love being out there. You would need crawlers and or leeches. I launch by fishermans landing. Message me if interested.

byronbears84
04-03-2012, 11:22 AM
Thanks a lot, sorry it took so long to get back to you. I really appreciate it