PDA

View Full Version : Heavy duty fish scaler for sale

The Bait Shop Guy
01-13-2012, 10:12 AM
One of our customers brought in this near commercial quality fish scaler to sell. He just didn't clean enough fish to justify owning it anymore. Most he ever cleaned at one time was 20 perch. Just add the fish and some water, and turn it on. By the time he finished drinking a beer, they were done. Can handle a five gallon bucket of fish at one time, (might need two beers for that many, though :) )

Asking $200. Can be seen at Bay View Bait and Tackle.

The Bait Shop Guy
02-09-2012, 07:55 PM
Owner wants it gone - now $150. Talked to a lot of people since this unit came in that said they used them "back in the day," and that they worked extremely well on perch.

DooFighter
02-10-2012, 12:16 PM
These do work nice. I just inherited one from my late father-inlaw. Now if I could just catch some perch!

What happens if you put 3 or 4 salmon in there? ;)

Papawsmith
02-10-2012, 04:47 PM
Chris, I would grab that ( I HATE scaling fish and love drinking beer) but current work load has prevented me from making any trips up there this year at all. If you still have it in the spring, and feel the need to fill a cooler with 6lb-10lb walleye, bring it down to Cleveland and I will buy it and take you out on the Great Swamp Erie.