PDA

View Full Version : First timer

Fish4musky
01-08-2012, 08:21 PM
I've been going to the hayward area for the past 7yrs but now want to take my family to a different area. Brother and i love to musky-pike-smallie fish. Can anyone recommend cabin/lodge and a guide service. Thank you.

Pete Rich
01-08-2012, 09:11 PM
Where have you been in the hayward area? I can't think of a better area for a diverse combination of good Musky fishing and the best smally fishing on lakes under 10000 acres any where in the upper Midwest. Minnesota has better overall Musky fishing but not the overall quantity of large smallmouths in my opinion. But if you like fishing big lakes mille lacs has an amazing combo of big muskies and smallies. Jason hammernik would be a great choice for a musky guide on mille lacs.

Fish4musky
01-08-2012, 09:53 PM
Fished the the Chip. with a guide about 6 times. In 45-60hrs raised 1 fish, never got a hit. I know thats musky fishing but had a lot more success on small lakes by ourselfs. Lost Land/Teal, Callahan were the best. No monsters but some mid 30's to 40in fish. We just want to try a different scene. Thinking of the Turtle Flambeau Flowage,Manitowish Waters,St. Germain area. Thank you for the response. I defenitely will continue to visit the Hayward area. when i do I will contact you. I used the same guide for most of those trips and would like a different view point on the area.

Flambeau Vista Retreat LLC
01-08-2012, 09:54 PM
Fish4musky,

Please take a look at www.turtleflambeauflowage.com for info on cabins, food and guides. Please feel free to contact me directly with any questions you may have on the area.

Pete Rich
01-09-2012, 01:18 PM
The turtle area is good too. Turtle is a very tuff body of water but has some big fish. Most of the lake's in that area have smaller fish. I would concentrate on the turtle and gile. Good luck

the other andy
01-09-2012, 04:53 PM
Can't recommend a place to stay, lots of options there. For a muskie guide you'll want to contact Brian Long 715-264-4974. He is as dialed in on TFF muskies as anyone, and you'll learn a ton.

Fish4musky
01-09-2012, 11:01 PM
Thank you for the info.