PDA

View Full Version : Are you interested in Outdoor Network Integrating this Forum into facebook?

admin911
01-07-2012, 02:31 PM
Are you interested in Outdoor Network Integrating this Forum into facebook?

Justin Gaudry
01-07-2012, 08:51 PM
After launching a resort only facebook page in mid 2011, (i dont have a personal facebook page), I've found little overlap in terms of users and particpation. Many facebook users will have never registered or participated in the resort forum and many resort forum regulars haven't appeared as facebook users.

I would prefer to keep them both separate to help achieve the most potential participation.

admin911
01-07-2012, 09:32 PM
After launching a resort only facebook page in mid 2011, (i dont have a personal facebook page), I've found little overlap in terms of users and particpation. Many facebook users will have never registered or participated in the resort forum and many resort forum regulars haven't appeared as facebook users.

I would prefer to keep them both separate to help achieve the most potential participation.

Thanks for your input Justin

Pete Stoltman
01-08-2012, 10:18 AM
Voted maybe. Would like to know exactly how this would work.

Larry Jones
01-08-2012, 08:47 PM
I have enough trouble with my Twitter account,over 20 emails a day with followers etc.. Not one client booked via Tweeting for my charter business. I personaly have stayed away from Facebook and have done all comunication via the NY Messageboard,my charter fishing business is as busy as one could want from giving reports there.I find time to post every day when I can,not sure if I can handle Facebook emails as well.If its only a link to the messageboards via Facebook I guess that can't be a bad thing.Time to start getting local banner advertisements ontop of individual state fishing report boards as well.

Capt. Larry D. Jones
www.mostlymuskies.com/reports.htm
mostlymuskies@verizon.net

Webmaster
01-08-2012, 09:24 PM
Voted maybe. Would like to know exactly how this would work.

Thanks Pete

Webmaster
01-08-2012, 09:38 PM
I have enough trouble with my Twitter account,over 20 emails a day with followers etc.. Not one client booked via Tweeting for my charter business. I personaly have stayed away from Facebook and have done all comunication via the NY Messageboard,my charter fishing business is as busy as one could want from giving reports there.I find time to post every day when I can,not sure if I can handle Facebook emails as well.If its only a link to the messageboards via Facebook I guess that can't be a bad thing.Time to start getting local banner advertisements ontop of individual state fishing report boards as well.

Capt. Larry D. Jones
www.mostlymuskies.com/reports.htm
mostlymuskies@verizon.net

I appreciate your input Larry, I agree with you on the advertising, and it has been brought to the table for consideration.
Rich

John Carlson
01-11-2012, 11:21 AM
It's nice when you like something on sites like muskie first and it shows up on your facebook page, I could see that being helpful to me, as long as the structure of this sight stays the same I would be ok with it.

admin911
01-11-2012, 12:41 PM
It's nice when you like something on sites like muskie first and it shows up on your facebook page, I could see that being helpful to me, as long as the structure of this sight stays the same I would be ok with it.

Thanks for you input John! Will you be attending the Chicago show this weekend?

John Carlson
01-11-2012, 12:47 PM
I will be in the Tooth Tamer booth or one of their retailers booths in Chicago See you there!!!

Captain Rick Bentley
02-02-2012, 05:18 PM
I would like to know more about how the integration would work as well.

I have a Facebook page for Windycitysalmon at:https://www.facebook.com/pages/Windycitysalmoncom/203091972222?ref=tn_tnmn

... and I believe it is a great way to keep an audience informed and interested.

Capt Rick
Windycitysalmon
http://windycitysalmon.com/