PDA

View Full Version : Rental Cabin

Buster-one
01-07-2012, 11:06 AM
Apparently I need to clarify a statement that I made in my first post. I had indicated that I had not had calls returned from Northland Lodging. That was not entirely true. A few days before I first posted, I had called and left a message at Northland Lodging, which according to my records, was not returned. However, I had contacted Northland several times, beginning before November 15th, and was advised that a cabin would become available and pics would be posted the following week. When pics were not posted, I called again to try to get an exact address, which I never did get, so I could Google it and see if it would meet our needs. According to my phone records, I had called Northland Lodging office number on December 23rd. and left a message at that time. That one call is the one that I had referenced in my post. In no way did I want to hurt Northland Lodging with that post. I was frustrated with not having the info that I had requested for the past two months. I apologize for any inconvenience to Northland Lodging or its potential customers with my posts. Again let me thank all who replied to the original post and helped us find a cabin on the TFF in the area that we wanted to stay.

smallmouth99
01-07-2012, 12:17 PM
Buster
Some of that my be my fault. During the time you indicated I also was in comunication with northland. I told him to pencil me in for what I think is the same cabin for the same week. (May 19th). I friend of mine was wishy washy if he was going or not. If he does not go I have been trying to figure out how I was going to launch and retrive the boat with-out leaving the truck and or trailer at the launch. That has been resolved. So In mid Dec. I finally told Mike to reserve that cabin for me.
If you are going that week let me know and if you will be staying close by. I too love to fish Merkle lake for smallies. Maybe we can get together for a daily beverage and compare notes.
Send me a PM with your e-mail and we can start planning our trip. I reside in the Columbus, oh area.
This will be my 3rd year going.
Mike and I had a really nice conversation and he gave me some pointers on fishing for smallies in late may.

Buster-one
01-07-2012, 02:44 PM
Smallmouth 99,

We will be going up the last week of May, so you will be up there a week before us. This will be my 6th year going up. We stayed at King's Resort 4 times and stayed at Cry Of The Loon Resort last year. I have driven up Popko Circle several times, however, and have never paid attention to any cabin rentals south of the Trude Lake levee. After being caught out on the lake last year during the 30-40 mph sustained winds, while returning from Merkle Lake area, I decided to look to rent somewhere between Merkle and Fisherman's Landing. That area is more protected than some of the rest of the lake. We have had tremendous luck fishing the points and Islands in the Merkle Lake area using a whacky rigged black grape colored Zoom trick worm. We have caught a LOT of 3.5 to 4 lb smallies, and too many 2 to 3.5 lb smallies to count. I am astounded at the "football" shape of these fish. Some of the communication shortfalls between Mike and I may have been my fault. I asked him at least two different times for an address of the cabin, which I never got. I wanted to "Google" the address and finalize and and book the cabin because a lot of the cabins were already booked for the week that we wanted to stay. Maybe I was in too much of a hurry. As you, when I talked to Mike, he was very cordial and I was ready to commit to renting a cabin from him, but after I posted on this forum, the members recommended several cabins, and, as I stated before, in less than 12 hours from the posting, I had sent my deposit for a cabin located in the Siegert Blvd. area.

Buster