PDA

View Full Version : Walleye report for 12-27-2011

walleyemaxx
12-27-2011, 11:00 PM
Hi everyone,

Very cold today with a gale force wind. Wind chills must have been below zero. It was snowing sideways from the north. Even in the portable it got chilly but it was bearable. I iced a total of 10 Walleyes and 1 Perch. Released everything. Most Walleyes were just short of 15" with a few that were real small. I jigged in my portable and caught 8 and on the tip ups I caught 2 more. the tip ups were baited with Shinner minnows and jigging I used a jigging rap tipped with a minnow head. I used a jigging spoon too, but the fish showed a distinct preference for a horizontal bait.

I fished my favorite small lake again but had to fish a different spot. There were already two guys fishing my best spot. Luckily I know the lake very well and had a feeling about this other spot. Only bad thing is I was in the teeth of the wind. Very cold. My hands froze solid when I caught the two Walleyes on tip ups. I was glad to scamper back into the portable to put my hands on the heater.

Back at it tommorow. Be fishing a bigger lake for Walleyes. So many lakes, so little time. Good luck fishing everyone.

Walleyemaxx