PDA

View Full Version : Showdown

grubworm
12-20-2011, 10:32 AM
Anyone have any info on the new showdown? I have been debating on getting one. I've been a flasher guy for years as I will not fish without it, but mine is 10 years old and am thinking on upgrading.

bottle_bass
12-20-2011, 07:40 PM
I was just watching Midwest outdoors and they were showing it off. It seems easier to use for a first time user thana vexilar. The graph is verticle instead of circular and has no color. It seems to be the same concept though. The reviews online seem to be mixed, people either loved it or hated it

schmutzomatic 5000
12-20-2011, 09:50 PM
Well what I know.... I see them on craigslist all the time... why??? I only know one friend that had (had) one a couple years back. I dont belive it was the new (5.6 I think) one but he went back to flasher. I love my ol vex... I have had Lowrance digital flasher and I always go back to Vex. Why?? One reason is lcd in cold weather... I have a HDS and was gunna set up for Ice and use digital flasher but it is not recomended for the really cold.. It is fine in a shack but the Vex will not get harmed in cold where lcd's do... I have heard of guys having to put handwarmer's behind the display to make them work in the cold. If you run and gun or just are used to lookin at a flasher you may want to try one first if possible...Just opinion so take it for what it is worth...... tight lines

CrankYanker
12-20-2011, 10:09 PM
I have a showdown and love it.. very easy to use. deadly accurate. as far as the lcd in the cold, it is NOT an issue. There is an ice mode which actually has a heater for the screen. I have never had it fail. May be issues with interference but it seems the new models may be batter than mine. I still can use a vex in the same shack but it can be annoying. You really can't go wrong in my mind. as stated before you either love them or hate em. I love mine!

grubworm
12-20-2011, 10:30 PM
Thanks guys those are the answers I was looking for.....

duckiller2
12-21-2011, 10:17 AM
I have 2 of them and really like them. I use it in the shack for my son and I so the cold is not an issue. I had bought a new FL 20 HD Vex but did not like it. I like the showdown and will not fish without it. I guess is you will like whatever you have confidence in. I have made my choice twice now.