PDA

View Full Version : Weekend ice reports?

YooperTroll
12-18-2011, 09:28 AM
Anyone go out ice fishing this weekend (Dec. 17-18)? Inland lakes? Where's the ice and how much. Thinking about heading out early this week if there's safe ice somewhere.

YooperTroll
12-19-2011, 10:59 AM
So let me get this straight: I type a headline that is a question and it's obvious what it is. Yet 300+ times it gets clicked...and nothing.

I mean, what did you THINK you were going to find if you clicked on the thread? Naked pictures--especially you folks who obviously clicked on it more than once?

This site always entertains. ;)

weekend jimmy
12-19-2011, 12:01 PM
just goes to show how anxious we all are for a report. :D Yes this site is always entertaining.

DooFighter
12-19-2011, 01:25 PM
I can only speak for myself, but here goes...I only fish in the warmer months, I don't ice fish, don't keep track of ice conditions, don't really talk to many people who ice fish. But I sorta like this site so I visit every day or two, even thru the winter and read new posts, no matter what the titles are. I still like to hear how people are doing. Is it ok that I look but don't reply? How do you know some looked more than one time? Does it matter?

YooperTroll
12-19-2011, 03:06 PM
I'm just having some fun with everyone ;) I should probably double-down on the emoticons :)

I have heard there's good ice on the inland lakes.

tomjohn
12-19-2011, 03:35 PM
I was at a couple inland lakes today and did see a half dozen people out on one and just tracks on the other where people had pulled sleds out.

The Bait Shop Guy
12-19-2011, 04:01 PM
Trust me, there haven't been enough people going out to get much in the way of reports, yet. Sounds like around 4 inches on the upper bay. Been hearing at least 6 inches on the inland lakes.

pure_joker
12-19-2011, 09:33 PM
Just got in from hitting the ice, had 8.5" on an Iron County lake. One eye and a perch on the cutting board for this guy.

YooperTroll
12-20-2011, 09:16 AM
I was at a couple inland lakes today and did see a half dozen people out on one and just tracks on the other where people had pulled sleds out.

You catching anything yet, TJ? From what I'm hearing from those who are getting out, it's a little slow yet.

YooperTroll
12-20-2011, 09:17 AM
Just got in from hitting the ice, had 8.5" on an Iron County lake. One eye and a perch on the cutting board for this guy.

Thanks for the report. It does sound like there's good ice on most of the inland bodies of water.

tomjohn
12-20-2011, 12:20 PM
Not yet...I checked out a couple places yesterday. A couple guys and I are going to try Garden Bay tomorrow.

perch"n"eyes
12-21-2011, 06:41 AM
Went over to the west on a a lke that we first met on and was a good solid 8" of ice fishing was slow got only 2 gills a small pike and a few small perch. maybe next time !