PDA

View Full Version : What would you do?

Ivan
11-29-2011, 01:08 PM
I'm sure most people have seen this by now, but....http://www.1000islandsfishing.com/muskie.htm

Maybe the biggest muskie ever caught. Definitely top 3.

The Larry has some giants. Both mine and my dad's personal bests are from the area this fish was caught. I congratulate the angler and Rich Clark for the catch and choosing to release the fish a couple days ago.

What would you do?

Too bad the current world record is bogus. Personally, I would probably keep a muskie that bottomed out my 60lb Boga or would be a state record in PA or OH. Although I couldn't say for sure until I was actually forced to make the decision. Rich Clark needs a certified scale in his boat. Look how many 58"+ fish he has on his site.

muskyjerk
11-29-2011, 04:41 PM
A record would be the only musky I would keep. Just couldn't pass up the chance for a world or PA record, especially for a musky.

toothyfishman
11-29-2011, 06:40 PM
Now I'm really bummin' I didn't get to go up there this year!!!!!!!!!!

I've always bought a conservation lic. that wouldn't allow keeping any fish if it was caught in canada waters. I guess if you had a record in your hands and knew for sure I'd keep it but I would have to be 100% sure. I only would keep it if I had a scale that I knew was right. It sure would be hard to whack it over the head. Be some serious mixed emotions!!!!

muskyjerk
11-30-2011, 03:31 PM
The calculator had that fish at 88+ lbs

Ivan
11-30-2011, 04:09 PM
That calculator must not be good. If you take length x girth x girth / 800 the weight is 65lbs

ttabaleulb
11-30-2011, 09:00 PM
I'd have to say that I'd send her on her merry way back into the depths that she came from. Personally, no matter if its a possible record or not, setting a fish free is pretty much in a tie for me as getting them to take a bait. The stuff in between can be exciting but those events are the ones that have me so devoted to fishing in general. However, I'd completely understand someone wanting to keep this fish. If not for record purposes, then just the trophy aspect alone. We all have our reasons for being into this sport.

As mush as I hate to admit it, I'd hope that if someone did keep this fish and it was a record that the news wouldn't reach some of the other "Musky" websites out there right away. Let them (those other sites) continue to share their idiocracy and arguments amongst themselves. As mush as they amuse me sometimes, I'm also sickened by some of that shit when someone who is excited to share their stories on those sites only gets beaten down by a group of idiots.

Anyhow, sorry for the rant. I just saw some stuff posted on other sites pertaining to this fish that are just ridiculous.

Red Childress
12-01-2011, 08:07 AM
I am probably taking accurate measurements and doing graphite for a state record caliber fish. If she is positively over 70 pounds (a new world record by anyone's standards), I may have to take her with me.

muskyjerk
12-01-2011, 04:17 PM
upon a second check I realize I entered the measurements into the BASS WEIGHT calculator. Oops. Would be a bass I would keep if it were that size. I would probably have to hand that bass over to the biologists for study and be OK with a replica. The musky calculator was 61+ lbs

Joe M
12-02-2011, 03:04 AM
I honestly can say that I would have kept it, if my 60lb boga bottomed out. Great fish either way. Congrats to the guys who released her.