View Full Version : Full Moon Thursday

Fishoil
11-07-2011, 09:20 PM
Is the full moon good or bad for walleye fishing? Does it affect the night bite or day bite any differently than the other?

The Bait Shop Guy
11-08-2011, 07:16 AM
Generally, it's considered a good thing. Personally, some of my best days for bass and pike the last couple months have been within a couple days, either side, of the full moon. That said, I've never done well fishing for walleyes after dark in shallow water with clear skies and a full moon. Looking at the weather forecast for the next few days, I don't think the moon phase is going to be the big issue :(

imspike
11-09-2011, 12:12 PM
Will be driving up from iowa tomorrow for a few nights of fishing and just curious how the night bite has been? Last year we caught plenty of eaters but not many over 30. Hopefully the moon will help us.

The Bait Shop Guy
11-09-2011, 02:20 PM
Generally it's been good, but it will vary from day to day. Talked to one group yesterday that caught 12 fish Sunday night. They went back to the same spot the next night and only caught two - but one of them went 12 pounds!

Best reports have been coming from the upper bay, in less than 15 FOW. We've heard very little activity coming from deeper water, yet. Water temps are in the mid 40's. If you can put up with the weather, you should be able to run into a few fish.

Good luck.

imspike
11-09-2011, 06:00 PM
Thanks Chris, myself and some of the walleye wisdom crew will stop in and see you tomorrow.