PDA

View Full Version : A good day on the Chip

tc fisher
10-28-2011, 10:20 AM
I had planned on coming up during the week to do some sucker fishing. After reading that every one was still pulling fish out of shallow water, I have to say I was a little concerned. I was going to post last week, seeking opinions. Would I be wasting my time? I thought, why bother asking. Every one would tell me I would be better off casting shallow. I enjoy late fall sucker fishing and was looking for bigger fish.(who isn't) Despite the warm water, I figured the bigger fish had already moved out. So I was going to dunk them in deeper water anyway.(not gonna say how deep) Well, sometimes it pays to go against the flow. Wednesday the 26th I boated a beautiful 51". It was a good day on the Chip.14928

Mark Benson
10-28-2011, 10:35 AM
Congrats on going against the grain and scoring really BIG!!!

Mark

JohnMG
10-29-2011, 01:00 PM
What a great fish! Do you fish your suckers straight down? How do you use weight with them? Congratulations!

tc fisher
10-31-2011, 04:40 AM
Thank you. I ran them under slip bobbers. No weight, they will naturally seek the bottom. If you see them trying to come up, its a good sign that something is making them very uncomfortable.

Ty Sennett
10-31-2011, 06:45 AM
Congrats on the fish. We might have caught that one last year on the same spot. I'll do some looking to see if I can find the picture.