PDA

View Full Version : A Little Bit Late But...

stevesly49
10-13-2011, 06:45 PM
I fished the north end of the Flowage on Oct. 10th and boated a 40 and a 43 casting a black Top Raider over the points of small islands. The 40 followed from about three feet of water just off shore and hit right at the side of the boat. The 43 hit about two seconds after the bait splashed down, again right off the shore line. I'll be throwing top waters even when I ice fish!!!

Ty Sennett
10-18-2011, 08:31 AM
Congrats on the fish Steve. Pretty good way to end the season with some topwater action from good fish. If this is the same Steve that I see at Treelands every fall, then it was good to see you again.

stevesly49
10-18-2011, 10:14 PM
Sorry but I'm not the Treelands Steve. Have only had Muskie Fever for the last two seasons so I'm still pretty much a rookie but I am hooked!!! Been fishing all my life, mostly bass, panffish and walleye but back in the Spring of 2010 a friend of mine gave me a muskie rig as a gift. Honestly, my first reaction was "What in God's holy name am I going to do with this?" Soooo... applying all of the fisherman's logic I could muster, I ran to the biggest tackle store in St Paul and blew 120 bucks on muskie lures! (seven of them if I remember right, mostly bucktails because they were cheaper). Got my first muskie in September. 2010 on Lost Land and haven't looked back. Enjoy your website, the fishing reports and the forums are great!

Ty Sennett
10-20-2011, 07:22 AM
Good to see a relatively newcomer do well on the Chip. It can be a tough lake for new fishermen. Congrats again.

deantre
10-20-2011, 02:23 PM
you want to get a pacemaker or two also, once you get one and start working it you will immediately see how they offer something very different than the top raider, both great lures to be sure and Ty really hit a home run when he built the pacemaker, or should I say swished one, ha ha. Just my two cents, Dean

stevesly49
10-20-2011, 07:41 PM
Thanks Ty and Dean, hoping to get up there at least one more time before I put the boat in mothballs. Will definitely add some Pacemakers this winter when I clean out and rearrange the tackle box. Enjoy the rest of the season, Steve > }}}}}}}}}} '>