PDA

View Full Version : October 10th and 11th report

Ty Sennett
10-12-2011, 06:39 AM
On the 10th I had some regulars out in the morning. John and Tom fished with me and Tom caught a 40 1/2 inch fish and John lost one about the same size. I thought John had his, but not som much. We had a Bulldawg break on Tom's fish right as I slipped the net under it. John thought I should have been a little quicker on the net for his also. I'm thinking a fifteen foot net handle might have worked. Then I could just scoop the fish up without John even setting the hook. Truth be told, John's fish still had the sucker in it's mouth after the hookset and when I saw that I should have told him to set again but it was too late by that point.

In the afternoon I took my father-in-law out and he caught a 44 incher and I had a really nice follow. I think that's the largest my father-in-law has ever caught with me.

On the 11th I had Allen and Bill out all day and we had something grab a Bulldawg but didn't get a very good hookset in and it got off. We had something small grab a sucker and then I had a forty inch class fish come in extremely hot and go around in the figure eight. Just before it tried to eat my bait I ripped it out of the water and pulled the sucker over to it and when I did that I scared it off. Pretty smooth move. That was the most aggressive fish I've seen on the Chip all year.

I've got the same group out again today so we should have better luck.

Water temps were hovering around 60. Maybe I shouldn't have taken the topwater bait out of the boat.

ChipVet
10-12-2011, 04:40 PM
Wow!!!!! The White one is on fire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jon G
10-12-2011, 06:02 PM
I am not saying you need a 15 ft net, but I do think you should have moved a little faster. My father in law would have gone in the water to net that fish. Next year I expect 6 muskies. Thanks for a good time. I will give you a call next week.

Jon