PDA

View Full Version : October 8th and 9th report

Ty Sennett
10-10-2011, 06:34 AM
I had Chuck Schranz and his buddy Dan out on Saturday and we had a little left over wind to deal with but overall it was not too bad out there. We ended up with one lost fish in the low forty inch range and caught one 40 inch fish on a Bulldawg. We had a good streak of big fish hitting but not that day. Still a blast to get out with Chuck.

Yesterday I had Rafael and patrick out. We blamed Patrick on wrecking vacation by missing a fish on an EZ-Duzzit rig. He learned the hard way on how to not set the hook. We had the fish right to the boat and it was in the 42 to 44 inch range. We had some good laughs on Patricks behalf. Sorry Patrick, couldn't resist.

Back at it today.

City Slicker
10-10-2011, 03:23 PM
We ended up with one lost fish in the low forty inch range and caught one 40 inch fish on a Bulldawg.

We blamed Patrick on wrecking vacation by missing a fish on an EZ-Duzzit rig. He learned the hard way on how to not set the hook.
Back at it today.

What type of Bulldawg is common on the chip in the fall? Magnum size or the smaller version? Still black/green coloring?

On a side note, I also missed a ski on a quick strike rig (not an EZ-Duzzit) this past Saturday...either I need some more practice or I need to get one of those EZ-Duzzit rigs!

Ty Sennett
10-10-2011, 06:41 PM
We've caught them on about every Bulldawg made this year. I had a really nice one up on a Pounder today and we caught two on Mag Dawgs. All different colors. The only sizes we don't throw are the two pound ones and the spring Dawgs. Actually I do throw the spring Dawgs but only after a bad cold front. I'd say most of the standard colors are good in the Bulldawgs.

rafren
10-12-2011, 02:36 PM
Ty,

Thanks for the great time and for teaching me how to fish with suckers and how to hook yourself with the clip and go. Thanks for letting me push the hook through your hand and dont worry I wont send you a bill.

Patrick did ruin my trip a few more times after fishing with you but oh well. Isnt it funny how a 6ft 4 inch 250lb guy sets the hook like a 12 year old girl! Here is a picture I took of you with your clients Chuck and Dan. Thank you again for all the knowledge, fun, and the drink at Treelands. You are truely the best guide I have ever had and god bless you and Rachel. Until next year!

Ty Sennett
10-12-2011, 09:53 PM
I always wanted to be a hand model. I guess that's out of the question now.

Thanks for ripping that hook through there Rafael. Bring the pain!!

Thanks agian,