PDA

View Full Version : Fishing report for 10-03-2011

walleyemaxx
10-04-2011, 08:19 AM
Hi everyone,

Spent about six hours fishing the Big Chip yesterday. Caught a mixed bag of Perch, LG Mouth Bass, and a couple of small Walleyes. Kept the Bass and Perch and released the small Walleyes. Caught them on jigs with minnows and crawlers. and on the slip bobbers baited the same. Fished a lot of weed areas that in the past have produced Walleyes for me, but again I didn't catch any Walleye untill I fished the deeper wood. I caught the Bass in the weeds. Perch and Walleye out deep.

The water temps started out at 58 degrees and were 62 when I left in early afternoon. We are in the midst of a warm beautifull fall. The air temps were in the high 70's. I haven't seen a cloud in three days now and the wind is almost nonexistent for most of the day. It blows from the SW, than switches to NE and back and forth, but so light it just makes a ripple on the water. The forecast is for the same weather pattern thru Sunday. With the color of the trees and the warm air temps, now is a good time to plan a trip up our way. The Walleyes are a little slow yet, but the Crappies and Perch are providing a lot of action.

There are mud bogs floating around now so keep an eye out for them. They just barely clear the surface. I posted a picture of a mud bog with lots of seagulls on it. You get an idea how hard it can be to not see one if you're not carefull. Also pictured is a loon with a Crappie in it's beak. The Crappie is about 12" and the loon was having a hard time swallowing it. Hard to see the Crapie unless you zoom the picture in. Good luck fishing everyone.

Walleyemaxx