PDA

View Full Version : Sept 26th report

Rob Manthei
09-26-2011, 06:20 AM
Fall just doesn't want to get here anytime soon. Water temps are mostly around 60 degrees....obviously some of the smaller lakes are cooler, but I've been on the larger ones and I am finding that some are starting turnover or right in the middle. Today and tomorrow's wind will help mix things up.

Muskies have been pretty shallow on the pre-turning lakes...Cowgirls burned over the weeds in 4 to 8 feet of water have been working for us. Some sucker activity is being reported on smaller lakes or running them deep on larger lakes...but reports of tail grabbers(usually sign of not so aggressive fish) have been common...I personally have had 3 sucker hits deep, and got all three fish...maybe just lucky..don't know.

Walleyes are biting on a day to day basis....I've caught fish from cabbage edges to deep humps...anywhere from 12' to 30'...these fish are transitioning to the deeper water a little slower than normal...however, one thing is for sure, they switched from crawlers to redtails overnight...
The lightest jig that you can get away with tipped with a minnow is best.

Trees are starting to turn a little...way behind...lots of foilage in the woods...tough to see the grouse flush...

Good Luck to all!

Here are a couple muskies from Big St