PDA

View Full Version : 9/18

Jerry Tipping
09-18-2011, 01:17 PM
We did manage to get the second day of Ted, Mark, and Mike's weekend fishing trip in. The wind wasn’t bad at all, but it rained pretty much from the time we launched at 6:30 until we got back to the ramp at noon. Walleye bite was slow today. We only had 5 "shorties", and 1 "keeper", 1 crappie, and 1 pike. The white bass however were grabbing everything. I brought 6-7 dozen minnows along and we ran out about an hour after we started. They were so active they were hitting the flies with no bait at all. Between the four of us we had probably 15 times when we had 2 on one rod. I switched from flies to a jig and twister tail, and could not keep them off. What a fun time. We probably had well over 100 white bass in about an hour and a half.

Will post photos the first part of the week.

Keep a tight line!!!

Jerry

Mark1027
09-19-2011, 06:12 PM
Agreed Jerry.
It was absolutely insane how the white bass were on Sunday. Ted and Mike must have had at least 4-5 times each where they pulled in 2 fish on the same line! I've heard of them hitting like that, but never experienced it before, and probably won't again (although I hope to).
Thanks again for a great trip. All of us had a fantastic time and learned a lot from you.