PDA

View Full Version : toothyfishman in Muskies Inc mag?

ttabaleulb
09-13-2011, 07:51 AM
Frank,

Was that your article in the latest issue? If I read it right, you guys hooked a couple Musky on bare hooks that were altered to be weed catchers. Is that correct?? If so, I might have to revisit some of the patterns I've been throwing. LOL

Jay

toothyfishman
09-13-2011, 11:23 AM
That be me...............Yes, I got a 50" and a 36.5" both on 3/0 hooks that were cut way below the barb to be used for weed catches....all I can figure is the hook must of gathered up some weeds to make a weed skirt or something to make them want to hit it. Crazy stuff happens at St. Clair, stuff that even seasoned anglers can't believe!
Both fish just had the hook wedged under their bottom jaw, I'm just looking out for the health of the fish....lol.....easy to unhook.

Last weekend I got a fish on a wood jerkbait, an hour later I found a tooth broken off buried into the wood of the lure, I lost a fish and got one yesterday on the same lure and the tooth is still in the lure after using most the day. Strange stuff happening this year for me.

ttabaleulb
09-13-2011, 12:01 PM
LMAO that is some crazy stuff!! Glad to hear that you're gettin action. I haven't even been out since July!!! I'm ready to throw on the straight jacket, surround myself with some padded walls and call it a day. lol I am taking off Thursday and Friday of this week to get out. Still not sure where yet as there are some places near me that are flooded and others that have been drawn down. No matter though, I just need to get on the water. If that tooth happens to fall out, send it to me. Might be the closest thing I get to a Musky the way things are going. LOL

Jay

HD Fatboy
09-14-2011, 05:25 AM
Someone needs to scan the article into there computer and then paste it in here, I would like to read it! LOL I heard the story, but it would be cool to read it!

toothyfishman
09-18-2011, 07:13 PM
My home computer is DEAD right now, maybe someone else can scan it in for you.

HD Fatboy
09-26-2011, 05:02 AM
I got to read the article! Thanks Frank!