PDA

View Full Version : Delavan Lake and Lake Geneva Fishing Reports

Fishing Thrills Guide Service
09-12-2011, 08:40 PM
Early fall is here and the start of another great season for fish catching is here. Bigger fish are showing up and I am finding them shallower than I would have ever expected to find theme. There is also the weedline and deep water suspended bass pike and bluegill bites going that is beginning to fizzle out. Look for rocky areas to become more productive as Fall approaches and with water temps starting to drop look for minnows to slowly take over the crawlers and leeches as the bait of choice. We have also been casting swimbaits, bladebaits and ripping rig/plastics.

The perch fishing has been picking up with good sizes and pretty good numbers being caught.

Mark Your Calandars: October 1st & 2nd 2011, at the Community Park on Lake Delavan Wisconsin Marine Pros II out of Whitewater WI will be hosting a on the water boat show and test drives of new Skeeter and G-3 boats, Titan Tiller Steering, and we are also waiting on word from other manufactures.
More information will be posted as this event gets closer with some free food and give aways.

Dowrong
11-01-2011, 04:00 PM
Can somebody tell me where the Abyss is on delevan lake. Is it the 50' hole in middle of lake?

11-01-2011, 10:16 PM
Yes I would presume the 50 foot (cavity of water) would be called the abbyss. look for many species of fish to school and be suspend thru out that area thruout the winter months. While I did'nt stop to put a bait down. I did mark what I would say where crappies between willow pt. and the chinese boat house. A good fish locater and time on the water is needed as these fish move daily. I found and caught bass and a few walleyes in shallow water 5-8 ft casting crankbaits and medium chubs on lighter line with the smaller hooks.

Dowrong
11-02-2011, 08:51 PM
Thankyou, Is that willow point and chinese boat house on same side. East or west Just started fishing lake just not familar with land marks yet. Thanks again

11-04-2011, 06:06 PM
Willow Pt and Red Marina are on the northside. the Chinease Boat House is on the Southside yesterday panfish were pretty tight on the bottom between them knowing how to read a good locater is the biggest challenge than you just keep moveing till you find the right fish and slowly drift or anchor over them. I've also been trolling crankbaits and or bottom bouncers and spinners 17 to 15 FOW been catching walleyes early and later evenings after dark.. Hope this helps.

Dowrong
11-04-2011, 08:08 PM
Hopin to get out monday but might be to windy. Thanks for info. I was going to troll cranks down about 18 to 25 feet in 24 to 40 feet of water during the day by mostly on east shore by the middle lake and more towards south end. And hofoly try for suspending crappies. Lake should be turning pretty close now.