PDA

View Full Version : Sept 9th report

Rob Manthei
09-09-2011, 04:47 PM
Sorry for delay, but I have a busy schedule, and by the number of personal emails and phone calls, I figured everyone was calling for their own private fishing report!! LOL!! :)

Anyway, here we sit with another flat,warm, sunny day....water temps are 67 to 68 in the morning and soar to 74 by mid day....we need wind. Actually, we need is a normal weather pattern.

Walleyes are biting pretty good on deep coontail edges and mid lake humps. Nightcrawlers are the best, however, last Monday I took my dad out fishing(first time in 2 years) and we did catch a couple on redtails, but mostly on nightcrawlers....both in Sandgrass and deep coontail on 1/16 baitrigs slowpoke jigs with the livebait...got a few on slip bobbers too.

Use your electronics to mark fish, and then using a bouy, mark them as a reference point, and work them over...if they don't respond, move on...don't wait them out...make the bite or forget it.

Muskies are still streaky and touchy....the 2 days this week that I have fished them, we did have action.....Christina got a nice one, and Sara(10 years old) got her first today.

Deep cabbage, coontail, mid lake humps(10 to 15' tops) are all holding fish....Bulldawgs, Flashers, Suicks, Grandmas, Cowgirls....all these baits have either caught or raised fish...so there is the pattern....a random one...fishing first thing in the morning and last hour of light have been best....today and the next few days will have a great night bite with the full moon....work over the deepest weed edges with Depthraiders and you'll score...

Good Luck!!

Rob Manthei
09-09-2011, 04:48 PM
I do see that my reply to the Squaw Lake question didn't post either....I guess when I've done stuff from my Droid phone it isn't posting....sorry!!

Mark Benson
09-11-2011, 12:09 PM
Christina:

It was great to meet you, your father, grandma and grandpa!!!

Congrats again on your FIRST MUSKY!!!

Here a picture of me with my first in some time, my 55 year old buddy with his first musky from Thursday and he and I together.

Thanks Rob for the help getting my friend his first musky too!!!

Mark