PDA

View Full Version : Fishing report for 8-20-2011

walleyemaxx
08-20-2011, 08:29 PM
Hi everyone,

Got out for a few hours today. Chased in by a storm at 6:30, but had some good fishing before that. Caught 2 Walleyes, some Perch, a bunch of Bluegills, 2 Crappies, and something I don't recall ever catching before. A 35" Catfish!!! It must've been 15-20 pounds. Took 15 minuetes to get him in the boat, but it was a lot of fun. Darn thing had a beard longer than mine!! I released every thing, even the Catfish. I took pictures of it but forgot the transfer cord for the camera so will post a picture of it when I find the cord.

I caught everything on jigs and leeches and in deep water wood. I didn't get a chance to fish any shallower water or the weeds since the storm forced me in early. The Walleyes actually were aggressive for a change. I found the Walleyes in a new spot today. it pays to find as many spots as you can. I'm always looking for the right type of structure and cover areas. The Big Chip is loaded with them. The key to finding the right cover and structure is the forage. If there is forage, than there will be Walleyes.

I'll be out again tommorow looking for more new spots. Good luck fishing everyone.

Walleyemaxx

Chops
08-21-2011, 08:46 PM
One of our best years on the flowage, SE side this year. No muskies, but we pounded shorelines w/ spinner baits and weedless surface lures and got many bass and pike. Got a few nice walleye accidently w/ beetle spins at night; slowed things down for a few hours one evening and found big gills and walleyes on 15' humps on west side. This was a first for us. Thanks Max !!

walleyemaxx
08-22-2011, 07:47 AM
Hi Chops,

Very nice week of fishing. Thanks for sharing the photo's. Good to see you and the family enjoying the beautifull Chippewa Flowage. Every year should get better and better.

Walleyemaxx